Ch.48 A Challenger Approaches

January 6,2026 New Aincrad,Floor 22
Third Person Pov

Leafa:His fast-acting mind is one reason......

Silica,Asuna,Leafa,and Liz were all sitting on the sofa studying as Asuna noticed Silica doze off as she leaned against Asuna.

Asuna:Wake up.If you start napping now,it's gonna be hard to get sleep tonight.There's three days until break left,and your homework won't finish itself.Sinon finished hers before heading back home to visit.Just saying.

Silica:*Yawn*I'm so sleepy....

Asuna:Poor thing.It's probably because the room's too warm.You want me to turn down the heat?

Liz:It's definitely not the heat.It's probably the two sleep masters over there.

The girls looked at Kirito as he slept with Yui on his lap and Pina on top of the rocking chair.

Leafa:No kidding....

The girls directed their attention to Maverick who was on the sofa across from them fully spread out on the sofa with Strea cuddled up next to him as Strea snored lightly.He was wearing a two-tone hoodie and sweatpants and socks with the sleeves rolled down.

Asuna:You can't blame them,Kirito's been working on his project ever since he helped back in GGO and Maverick has been putting in auditions for VA jobs.

Liz:You mean that gizmo for Yui?

Leafa:Oh!Mechaphonics!

Liz & Asuna:No,it's called Mechatronics.

Leafa:Whatever,bitches.Aw man!Look at them!They're making me feel sleepy!

Liz yawned as all the girls shared a laugh together.

......

Leafa was furiously studying as she looked around and noticed everyone fell asleep.

Leafa:Oh my god,seriously?!

???:Seriously,do you always have to raise your voice?I was having a good dream too....

Leafa looked over and saw Maverick staring at her as his eyes slowly opened wider adjusting to the lights in the room.

Leafa:Did your good dream have to do something with your little girlfriend there.

Maverick glanced at Strea who wrapped her arms tighter around him.

Maverick:Nope,nice guess though.

Leafa:Eh.....

Maverick:Wait,weren't you doing homework with the other girls?

Leafa:Yeah but it looks like they dozed off.

Maverick sat up and gently removed Strea's arms from him without disturbing her slumber.He let out a yawn and did a couple of arm stretches and neck rolls before glancing at the sleeping girls.

Maverick:Might as well wake them up.

Maverick sat up and delicately shook Asuna.

Maverick:Yo,wakey,wakey.

Asuna:Huh?

Asuna slowly opened her eyes as Maverick smiled.

Maverick:Rise and shine,Princess.

Leafa:That goes for you two!

Liz:Wha?

Silica:Aw.......

The girls woke up as Kirito,Pina,and Yui continued sleeping.

Liz:Oh Maverick,your awake?

Maverick:No i'm still sleeping.Actually,i'm just sleeping with my eyes open right now and this is merely me talking in my sleep.