Ch.11 Welcome To The Family

October 25,2024 Floor 22

I never really explored Floor 22 much so I didn't get to see how beautiful it was.Lush green
forest with a nice lake it almost felt like the real world.It was cool with a nice breeze just the way I like it.I passed by some players as I finally reached a huge cabin and knocked,the door opened and Kirito greeted me with a big grin on his face.

Kirito:Hey Maverick glad you could make it.

Maverick:Of course,I had nothing better to do.You look really happy.Like your radiating
this warm aura.

Kirito:Well,isn't that obvious?I'm living in a peaceful cabin with my wife.

Maverick:True.How's the peaceful life been treating ya?

???:Daddy!Who is it?

Maverick:Whoa,whoa,whoa, hold the goddamn phone.Did I just hear daddy?

Kirito:Oh,I forgot we have a kid in our house.She doesn't have a cursor over her head and she doesn't remember much besides her name.We kinda became her parents and she seems to be fine with it.

Maverick:Uh....okay?That's probably the weirdest thing I've heard all my time in this game but whatever.

Kirito:Anyways, come on in we were just about to eat.

Maverick:Alright.

I put my causal clothes on and walked in.It felt very different from inns or my house to be honest.It had a great view on the balcony,a great open space with two beds with some furniture and a coffee table.Felt just like a real home.

Maverick:I have to say,I'm a little jealous of your guy's home.

Kirito:Yeah,but now were flat broke.

Maverick:I could always toss you some money.

Kirito:Oh no I don't want to
have to burden you with that.

Maverick:I insist.

I gave Kirito 500,000 Col since that's practically pocket change to me.

Kirito:I swear, you're gonna make it so I can never repay you.

Maverick:Uh-huh,I'll be waiting so I can collect my payments like student loans.

Kirito:Hahaha!Thanks though,really.

Maverick:No problem.

We walked to the living room area where I saw Asuna and the little girl.

???:Daddy,who is that?

Kirito:This is Maverick.He's my best friend,more of a brother.And Maverick,this is our kid,Yui.

I walked over to Yui and knelt down next to her and held out my hand and smiled.

Maverick:Wow, aren't you a cute one.It's nice to meet you, Yui.I hope we get along.

Yui:Brother,Ma-Maverick.......

Maverick:Hm?

Yui:Uncle Mav!

She ran up and hugged me tightly with a bright grin on her face which caught me by surprise.I looked to Kirito and Asuna and they just smiled.I hugged her back seeing is now I'm an Uncle apparently.Not something I was expecting but I'm not gonna complain.We sat down started to eat while Yui was staring at Kirito's sandwich.

Kirito:Oh,I don't know,Yui.This one's super spicy.

Maverick:She can handle it.I may not be the spiciest boy,but,I think she needs some spice.

Yui:Yeah,I want the same one daddy has!

Kirito:Okay.If you think you're ready for it,I won't stop you.Add some crushed ghost peppers and there.Yolo,right?Yui took a bite out of her sandwich and we watched awaiting her judgement.

Yui:I like it.

Maverick:Hold on,Yui.

I walked over and wiped the crumbs from her mouth with a napkin.

Yui:Thanks Uncle.

Maverick:No problem.

Kirito:Wow,you got an iron stomach.We can do a full course of extra-spicy food tonight if you want.

Yui:Mm-hm!

Asuna:Okay,let's not get carried away.I'm not cooking anything nuclear.

Maverick:Why not?It's fun to watch people as they sweat and tear up from really spicy food.

Asuna:I'm not doing it,Maverick.

Maverick:Suit yourself.

We talked and played around for a bit until Yui was asleep.

Maverick:So she's a blank slate,Interesting.

Asuna:It's like she's a baby again.I just....I don't.....I'm sorry I don't what to do.

Maverick:Do you guys need my help?

Kirito:No,we can do this on our own.If anything,you should go relax.

Maverick:Really?

Asuna:Yeah,you've been at this more than anyone else.I always see players ask for you to see if you'd be willing to give any tips.

Maverick:Maybe I'll take up that relaxation then.

Kirito:I see you out.

We walked to the door and I stopped and turned to Kirito.

Maverick:She's adorable.But,let me make a guess.

Kirito:What is it?

Maverick:I don't know how to put this but,maybe Yui isn't real.

Kirito:What?

Maverick:Not like she's a illusion or anything like that.Maybe she's an NPC or something since she doesn't have a cursor.Knowing this game,I highly doubt that this is just some random bug.

Kirito:I see.I don't know either but,we're gonna see if we can find some answers in the Town of Beginnings.

Maverick:The Town of Beginnings?Man it's been forever since we've been there.

Kirito:Yeah I know,takes you back.Doesn't it?

Maverick:Yeah.The start of our adventure.Anyways,I'm heading out see you later man.Enjoy your leave.

Kirito:See ya.Take care'

I nodded and walked out as I started heading back towards my home.

Yui:Uncle Mav!

Maverick:Uncle eh?Not bad.Not bad at all.