Ch.34 The Getaway

I laid there watching as Death Gun was about to kill me my breathing became sharp and quick,my body shaking in fear,and my screen flashing telling me my heart rate was going through the roof.What does it mean to be strong?To be brave?I started thinking about the time i've spent with Maverick and all the times I got see who he was.A guy who was truly fearless.Never let anything get to him.But also,a caring friend dedicated to protecting his friends.I thought,somehow,I could learn something from Maverick but,right now...I.....I don't wanna die!I heard a gunshot and immediately closed my eyes but nothing happened?I opened my eyes and looked at Death Gun and noticed he was staggered because of someone shooting him in the shoulder.I heard another shot and this one grazed his head and he quickly dashed into cover.He countered with his AMR Deathwind and tried to shoot but someone was hammering his position and then someone threw a grenade.

Sinon:A grenade?!

Death Gun retreated and I couldn't still move since I was paralyzed.I waited for the explosion but it was a smoke bomb.Out of smoke I saw Maverick running towards me with his pistol out.

Maverick:Sinon!

He dashed towards me and picked me up and put my sniper on his back and carried me with his pistol out.

Sinon:Mave...rick?I'm slowing you down.Just leave me....

Maverick:Sinon's secured!Let's move!

Kirito:Follow me!

I heard a gun shot from behind and saw Death Gun chasing us.Maverick quickly turned around and returned fire and Death Gun rolled out of the way into cover as Maverick one-handed his pistol and kept Death Gun at bay.

Kirito:I'll cover you!Go!

Maverick turned back around and kept running as Kirito began firing at Death Gun while keeping his photon sword ready until we reached a parking lot with buggies and a horse.

Sinon:Not...the horse.It can go fast,but it's too hard to handle.

Maverick nodded and we got on a buggy while Kirito got on his own.They both payed for the rent and ignited the engine before accelerating off.

Maverick:Sinon,grab your rifle and take down that horse!

Sinon:What?...Alright,i'll try...

I aimed at the robot horse but No....my finger....I can't pull.....I can't do it!I can't pull the trigger!

I saw Death Gun round the corner.

Maverick:Hang on!

Maverick floored it with Kirito by his side.

It's no use......

Maverick:That was great shot,I almost forgot to hear it!

Death Gun knew how to control the horse and was approaching fast.

Sinon:No!He's getting closer....hurry!Faster!Please, don't let him catch up to us!

Death Gun pulled out his pistol and started shooting at us.

Maverick:Fuck!

Kirito:God Damnit!

Maverick pulled out his pistol and started returning fire.

Sinon:HELP ME!ICAN'T DO THIS!I DON'T WANNA DIE!

Maverick:Sinon!I don't know what kind of PTSD attack you're having,but I need you to shoot that fucker!

Sinon:N-no,I can't.....

Kirito:You don't have to hit him,just distract him!If we don't do something he's
gonna catch up.