Ch.70 Gear Up

As Mav worked on creating a weapon, Cardinal finished off the rest of the story. She explained how Quinella's memory storage has been used up to it's max. Quinella devised a plan to have her thoughts and memories overwrite another's in which she succeeded in doing so. But that was also her biggest mistake. Quinella doesn't truly know how the Cardinal System works so she didn't have any idea that there's a main and sub processor in which the sub checks the main for errors. To which the body that Quinella used became the sub-processor of the Cardinal System which fought back and retreated into the library.

The situation took a turn for the worse when Quinella formed the Integrity Knights. Cardinal knew she couldn't fight them alone. For two-hundred years she searched for a human collaborator and eventually she found Mav. She had her tiny spider Charlotte  monitor him and Eugeo and has been with them ever since they left Rulid. Cardinal also explained that an invasion of the Dark Territories is not too far off and the Realm of Humanity is hopeless to stop them with their few numbers.

Mav's head collapsed on the table a tired but very happy look on his face.

Mav: I've done it......finally.....

Cardinal: What is this anyways?

Mav raised his head and aimed his new weapon.

Mav: This here, is a means to defend myself. I would say it's name but then that'd be confusing for Eugeo.

Cardinal: There's a name for it?

Mav: Blue Rose.

Cardinal: Oh, I see.

Mav: A dead weight's specialty.

Cardinal: Mav, I need to ask you something.

Mav: What?

Cardinal: Do you care for this world?

Mav: That came out of nowhere. Why do you ask?

Cardinal: I've heard some of the stuff you say when you're alone.

Mav:........

Cardinal: Tell me, how do you feel about this world?