Ch.61 Style

The two boys found themselves within the End Mountains to rescue Selka who decided to go to said Mountains after finding out where her Sister was when she broke the Taboo Index. Eugeo and Maverick hid behind a large crystal bundle as Maverick peeked around the corner once again before turning back to Eugeo. 

Maverick: There's a fair amount of them, rescuing Selka without alerting them is impossible. We're gonna have to fight.

Eugeo: Do you have a plan?

Maverick: We have a slight advantage. The enemy hasn't seen us yet so we can plan an ambush. The hardest thing is getting a weapon before the goblins notice us. Luckily, we should be able to manhandle the little ones. Our priority one is the biggie over there. Eugie, you can still turn back now if you want.

Eugeo: Huh? 

Maverick: I'm very capable of handling this on my own. If you want out, then just say the word.

Eugeo:..If.....if it's to protect someone I care about then, I will do what I must.

Maverick: Heh, very well then.

Maverick scanned the floor around them picking up some broken ice crystals.

Maverick: Alright, we're gonna split up. Take some of these ice fragments. Throw them away from your position to distract them. If all goes well, I can kill one and secure a weapon before they have time to react. Ready?

Eugeo: Yeah.

Maverick: When I give the thumbs- up, throw the shards.

Maverick split off from Eugeo until he was near a pile of weapons. He peeked around the corner seeing Eugeo in the distance. Maverick gave the thumbs- up and Eugeo nodded. Eugeo reached his arm back and flung the ice fragments as they crashed and shattered making all the goblins turn their heads towards the loud noise. Maverick bolted around the corner picking up two weapons, the first one being a rapier like sword.

Maverick: Eugie! Catch!

Maverick threw the sword towards Eugeo as he pulled a katana out of the pile unsheathing it from it's scabbard and eviscerated two nearby goblins killing them instantly. The other goblins had no chance to react as Maverick dashed forward and killed three more goblins before standing toe-to-toe with The head of the goblin pack.

Ugachi: You think you can challenge the great Ugachi the Lizard Killer?

Maverick: Sure, let's challenge who's got the better looks! Oh wait, I might lose that one, can't compete with someone with such a  disfigured face as yours. Also, I recommend washing yourself. Does wonders for the skin because the stench your emanating is phew!

Maverick wafted his hand in his face taunting Ugachi.

Ugachi: YOU WILL PAY FOR EVER MAKING A MOCKERY OUT OF ME WORM!!!

The goblins rushed towards Maverick as he easily countered and cut them down before approaching  Ugachi. Ugachi slammed his sword down towards Maverick who deflected the blow and backed away avoiding the counterattack. He then advanced once more waiting for Ugachi to strike. Ugachi went for a horizontal strike as Maverick ducked beneath the blow and charged his sword skill.