Ch.14 Aftermath Of A Death Game (ALO Arc)

It's been two months since I defeated Heathcliff and beat the death game.When I woke up I talked to some guy from Internal Affairs and told them everything I knew about SAO.They asked me if I wanted some kind of compensation for helping them so I asked if they knew where Asuna was.I learned she was admitted to Tokorozawa General Hospital.I gave the details to Kazuto and he almost jumped on me with happiness.She hasn't woken up along with another 300 players who haven't either.Akihiko Kayaba is still missing.And people think he's still holding them but I feel something else is going on.It seems like SAO is not over yet.

Mom:Y/N?

Y/N:Oh sorry mom what is it?

Mom:Goodness,you're always spacing out, you haven't touched your food.

Dad:It's alright dear,everything is still recent to Y/N.

I was eating lunch with my parents,my mom left work to come see me when they told her I woke up.She hugged me and cried for about an hour.I've never seen her so happy in her life.Dad stayed at work because he was like"someone has to pay the bills".But he came as soon as he got off work.

Y/N:Ahh,it feels like an eternity since i've had you're cooking mom.

Mom:And i'll gladly make some more for dinner.

Y/N:Thanks mom.

Mom:Anything for you, sweetheart.

Dad:So Y/N,you got any plans for today?I feel like we've kept you hostage for the past two months.

The past two months i've been spending all my time with my parents.I almost forgot what it was like to hang out with them.

Y/N:I've enjoyed hanging out with you guys.I did it out of my own will because I love you guys and I felt I needed to hang out with you guys after not being able to for about two years.

Dad:Well,thanks for that.But,I feel you should get out and take a walk for a bit.

Y/N:I am,i'm going to meet up with my friend to see another in the hospital.

Mom:It was Kazuto,wasn't it?

Y/N:Yeah,our friend Asuna hasn't woken up yet so we visit her.He almost visits her everyday.

Dad:Poor thing,just be careful on your way there, Y/N.

Y/N:You bet.

I finished my lunch and walked outside as my breath was visible in the cold air.

Y/N:Time to go.

.......

I was walking down the hospital wing to Asuna's room as I paused my music on my phone and took my earbuds out. I opened the door to Asuna's room and stepped in.

Man:And from now on, stay away from the Yuki Family.

I opened the door and saw a pissed off Kazuto and some guy with a creepy smile.

Y/N: Yo Kazuto! Hm? What's going on?

Kazuto:This guy's forcing a marriage on Asuna!

Y/N:.........Hold up, what? How?

Man:Oh? Who are you?

Y/N:Kazuto's friend. What do you think you're doing trying to marry Asuna?And secondly, how do you plan on marrying a girl in a coma? There's no consent here.

Man:It.....It doesn't concern you. Unless,were you lovers with Asuna as well?

I walked up to him and gave him a death glare

Y/N:No I wasn't but I don't appreciate it when someone comes in here and declares they're marrying my friend without her say in it. So I insist that you go walk your bony ass out of the room before I make you four-eyes.

Man:What are you going to do about it?

I punched him right in his shit-eating grin knocking him to the floor.

Y/N:I'll do that.

Man:You little shit...just wait until I tell her family about this and you'll never be able to see her again!

Y/N:You think I care? Unless you want the full-course beatdown, get the hell out of here.

He got up and stumbled towards the door and turned towards Kazuto.

Man: We're having a ceremony here on January 26th, a week from now. Save the date. Even though you're not welcome here anymore,you should come to the wedding. No need to thank me. You two got the room to yourself say goodbye and get out.

Y/N: Get the hell out of here before I leave more than a bloody nose!

He walked out and I turned to Kazuto.

Y/N:Who the hell does that guy think he is?!

Kazuto:His names Nobuyuki Sugou. And he's the head of Asuna's father's R&D department.

Y/N:Seriously? You gonna be okay?

Kazuto:To be honest....I don't know.

Y/N: Geez, we get out of SAO just to get placed in another damn problem. I don't understand how her parents are completely fine with this.

Kazuto: Tell me about it....Can I have the room? I need some time.....

Y/N: Definitely, text me if you need something okay?

Kazuto: Yeah.....

I walked over to Asuna and placed my hand on hers before leaving the room.

........

Nighttime arrived as Kazuto was currently playing some old video games on Mav's Playstation 4. Thoughts of Asuna having to marry a creep like Sugou shook him to his very core as he tried to use the games as a way to try and forget about the whole ordeal. He heard a ring and looked over towards his computer. Kazuto paused his game and sat down at his computer seeing an email from Andrew or Agil.

Kazuto:.......?!

.......

I was woken up to the sound of my phone ringing and saw it was Kazuto.

Y/N:Kazuto? What's up?

Kazuto:I'm forwarding an email to you and once you see it,meet me at Agil's cafe tomorrow, okay?!

Y/N:Wait,hold on Kazuto. What's going on?

Kazuto:Just check your computer!

Kazuto hung up as I shrugged. Guess I'll see what he wants me to see. Don't know what's got him so shook.

I turned on my computer and looked at the email he sent me. I looked at the picture and it showed a very blurry image but with a familiar looking person in the picture that made my eyes squint.

Y/N:Is that......Asuna?