Ch.4 The Beast Tamer

February 23,2024
Floor 35:Lost Forest

I was walking in the woods with Kirito while talking with them.

Maverick:So....do we have any reason to be walking in the forest?

Kirito:What?You don't like to take walks in the forest?

Maverick:Not necessarily,i'm more of a city person.

I looked over and saw a girl about to be killed by 3 ogre things.

Maverick:Oh look,a girl about to be killed.

Kirito:Wait what?!

Silica Pov:

This was it.My dragon Pina died and the three enemies were closing in.Then they were sliced in half and disappeared.I looked and saw someone with h/l h/c hair and e/c eyes and a mask covering his face.I was in awe until he snapped me out of it.

Silica:Oh w-what?

Maverick:I said could you stop staring at me it's creepy!

........

I pulled down my mask while Kirito ran up to us.

Kirito:Man how are you so fast I literally blinked and you were way over here.

Maverick:My "boots of haste"boosts agility and it's a exotic set so it gives me extra attributes.

Kirito:I need to upgrade my gear.....

Maverick:Anyways, moving on, what's with the feather little girl?

Silica:It's Pina....my best friend.

Maverick:Oh,So you're a beast tamer?Hm,never seen one before,I almost thought they didn't exist.Anyways,why were you in the forest alone?

Silica:I left my previous party since there was a person who I couldn't stand but I was stupid to think I could make it through the forest on my own.Thank you saving me.You did what you could.

Kirito:Hey,that feather.Check to see if it has an item attached to it.

She looked at the feather and saw a item named Pina's Heart and started to cry.

Kirito:Hey,don't cry.That means Pina's heart's is still here,there's a chance you can revive it.

Her eyes shot up with happiness.

Silica:No way!Really?

Maverick:Oh yeah!You're talking about the flower in the field dungeon called the Hill of Memories on the Southside of floor 47.

Kirito:Yeah, they say the flower can revive familiars.

Silica:Floor 47 huh?I'm a bit under leveled do you think you can get it for me?

Kirito:We'd love to but the thing is the flower doesn't bloom unless the familiar's master is there.

Maverick:I swear,everything doesn't spawn unless you have a certain something with you.That's probably one of shittiest game design choices in this game next to skills like hearing,detective,detection,like are we playing an MMORPG?Or are we playing goddamn Dungeons and Dragons?I feel like this game hates solo players.

Silica:It's fine really,I just need to raise my level and then someday I could....

Maverick:The item only works three days after death.