She lifted the corner of her mouth. "Unfortunately for you, you don't have a say right now."

In protest he raised his chin. In response, she took the gun from the holster and stroked his chest.  "If you're gonna be a rebel..." She tilted her head a little. "You're gonna hear pang." The last word, she spoke in silence.

His eyes shot to the gun; the weight told him it wasn't made of plastic. 

"You like it a bit dangerous, huh?" she asked. With the weapon she stroked his chest, his neck, in the meantime picking up the pace. 

She saw how he was torn apart by doubts, fear and pure lust. 

"Calm down baby," she hushed. "All I want to give you right now, is a hell of an orgasm."

She laid the gun next to her and leaned into him to kiss him. A bit sloppy, he kissed her back. 

With his wrists he tore at the cuffs. "Not yet Dane..." he grunted. 

Dana contracted the muscles in her lower regions, intensifying the feeling for him. "Yes, you're gonna cum for me now baby. I'm in control, remember?"

She had barely spoken the words when she felt him cum. His face tensed, moans escaped his lips as his body started to jolt. With a smile, she wiped his hair away from his sweaty forehead. 

Others wouldn't understand, but this was her way to say goodbye to him. A part of her had learned to love Ruben the past years and she regretted the fact that he needed to die. But she couldn't let Maddox live. 

She owed this her daughter. Her mother. Juice. Herself. 

She kissed his lips for the last time. "A part of me loved you, Ruben," she said softly. "But now it's time for your evil twin to come to the fore again." She bent back her head and raised herself a little so he slipped outside of her. She folded her fingers around the gun again and caressed his chest. "You know what day it is, Maddox?"

His shoulders tensed when she mentioned his name. 

"It's Valentine's Day." She stroked his lips with the point of the gun. "You remember my last Valentine gift? Chocolates drenched in the blood of the man I loved. Today it's four years ago. Four years have passed since you destroyed me. Since you destroyed him."

"That wasn't me, Dane, you know that. I love you. You love me." She saw the conflict in his eyes; the two of them fighting to take precedence. 

"Maybe I love you. Which would be sick, don't you think? Loving the man who murdered my mother and my child, who raped me, who kidnapped me. Whatever it is I feel for you, it's nothing compared to what I felt for Juice. To what I still feel for him. I've played along for a long time – and now I won."

With the gun she glided down, across his stomach, his shrunken pride. She pushed it against his testicle. 

"What pain would make us even? No pain in the world, huh?" She looked up to him. 

The lines of his face were harsh, his eyes wide. 

She took off the safety and kept watching him. 

"Boom," she whispered, and she pulled the trigger. 

He yelled, flinched. 

All she heard, was a click.

Dana chuckled softly. "It's unloaded. I just wanted to see the fear in your eyes for once."

Carelessly, she tossed the gun on the ground. 

For a moment the hope flared up in his eyes; the hope that this was all a sick game, part of their role play. A shaky laugh left his lips. 

"You had me there."

She tilted her head. "Now did I?" Slowly, she shoved closer to him. "You know, a bullet is so impersonal." She took the knife from the belt and stroked his neck. "I want to know how it feels when this knife cuts your flesh, when the warm blood is bubbling up when..."

Totally unexpected, he kicked her off the bed. Cursing, Dana landed on her back. The cuffs were rattling against the bars and she heard him grunt like an animal. 

"You filthy bitch!" he yelled. "You fucking filthy whore!"

Again he yanked his arms, but he couldn't free himself.

"And he's back. I've always known you would return one day, Maddox. You're a devil that is impossible to exorcise." She took the knife from the ground. "I wanted to give you a beautiful death, in the arms of your lover. Isn't that better than a bloody mess, a regular stabbing?"

His eyes were cold as ice. "I loved you," he hissed. 

"I think our definitions of love differ a bit." She studied his face. "How do you want this to end, Maddox? You keep fighting the inevitable? Or do you accept your defeat so you will die with a little bit of dignity?"

He clenched his teeth.

"Thought so." She sat down on the edge of the bed again, close to his head. With her fingertips she stroked his cheek. She put the knife to his throat. 

"You don't want me to suffer?" he huffed. 

Slowly, she shook her head. "No, I'm good. Vengeance is bad counsel, I don't want to become bitter because of you. Your influence on my life has been big enough. Soon I will walk away from you with Charley and Casper and the three of us will forget about you."

"You will never forget about me," he grunted. "You will –"

"At least you won't be able to hurt anyone anymore. It's a satisfying thought, knowing that you will burn in hell for eternity."

After these words, she stabbed him in the neck. The knife cut easily through his flesh. Blood gushed down, painting the pillow red.

"Fight baby," she said. "It's about time you fight an uneven fight." 

She stood up, beyond the reach of his kicking legs. He cursed and raged like the mad man he was. 

Dana watched him bleed to death. 

"This if for you, my dear Tabitha," she said. "And for you Ope. For you mom."

Maddox's screams died away. 

With empty eyes he stared at her; the only thing moving was the blood pouring out of his neck. That too would stop soon. 

Dana took a deep breath. Her chest felt heavier than expected. 

She had wished Ruben another faith. 

But deep down, she also knew that Ruben had been nothing but a figment. 

And why would she mourn a fantasy?

She turned around, changed clothes in the other room and went to Charley and Casper. She lifted the boy and put him on her hip. 

"We're going to Daddy." She kissed his temple, hoping that he was too young to really miss or remember Ruben. "To your real Daddy."

So, it finally happened! I honestly hated to let Maddox go, he was a great character to write with. ^^

Any thoughts on what is going to happen once the three return to Charming? :3