The Love That I Had

✧ Chapter 68 ✧
[ The Love That I Had ]
▹⋇⋆**❀ ❀** ⋆⋇◃
[ Kokichi's PoV ]

"Hey Tetsuya!" I called, waving a hand at my new roommate as I pulled off the lanyard around my neck to hang it by the doorknob.

"For the last time.." the boy pulled off his light green headphones and frowned at me. "Stop calling me that.. it's just Keebo."

"Okay, 'Just Keebo'." I smirked, throwing down my backpack and jumping onto a swivel chair. "Whatcha doing?"

The scientist sighed, pulling apart several wires and connecting them to a green circuit board. "Trying to build something.. but you're distracting me."

I grinned, pulling a strand of hair to uncurl it, "I know, I know, I'm really distracting aren't I?"

"I didn't mean it that way."

Its only the first day of school and I was already bored of it. Keebo was my new roommate, and it was as exciting as watching paint dry. He was the most boring, uninteresting guy I've ever met. But then again, he was a strange looking person.

He had light blue eyes, and his hair was slightly gelled. A plain white shirt over a blue-black jacket, along with black trousers. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbows to expose a mechanical right arm, and normal one.

He and I met earlier, while he was unpacking his things and sorting everything out on his side of the room. But me? I just threw everything on my bed and called it a day. Easy! Besides, I don't think he had the guts to tell me to clean up. Which was fine by me. No one tells me what to do.

I got up and stood by the window, picking up a bottle of Panta and unscrewing the lid with my teeth. Took me several tries— and a bit of a cut on my gum —but I eventually managed to pop it off. Nothing interesting ever happens.. since this felt like a normal preppy college school after all.

A female teenager with dyed hair and a guitar strutted through a crowd of lost freshmen, strumming a chord while belting out the lyrics to 'All Star'.

She was then accompanied by a green haired teenager, who was holding a microphone stand and the long wire of a microphone trailing behind him. He looked just like a freshman, but he seemed to know the girl well.

"Music students." I muttered to myself, watching as the green haired guy walk beside a girl with blonde hair, and a smile on her face. The more I watched, the more I came to realise that it seemed that she liked him. Interesting.

"Are you watching people?" My roommate's voice spoke up but I rolled my eyes, not taking them away from the crowd of bustling people.

"I'm watching the clouds, dummy. It's much more interesting than a bunch of strangers."

I noticed that familiar shade of blue again as Keebo mumbled something intelligible. It was that cute emo looking kid with blue hair and warm-golden eyes. Were they gold? Or just grey? I couldn't really put my finger on it, but I decided to just go with gold. He was walking with that kinda rude, purple haired guy.

I found myself taking my phone from my pocket and raising it to snap a picture. Maybe I did it impulsively, but something about that emo guy intrigued me.

My eyes followed them all the way, watching as they finally entered the building with a bunch of other people. When I met him earlier, I couldn't help but feel a strange sense of familiarity about him. Whatever it was, it was comforting.

I didn't know how long I stood by the windowsill, watching freshmen and seniors fighting with water guns and balloons. Some students seemed to be happy to get along with the others while others appeared wary of strangers.