All I Wanna Do Is Hide Away

✧ Chapter 45 ✧
[ All I Wanna Do Is Hide Away ]
♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
[ Shuichi's PoV ]

"No.."

"No no no no.." Please. No. Anything but this..

Maybe if I repeated these words over and over again, the reality in front of me.. won't be true.

I hit my palm against the glass, over and over till my hand turned red. The other boy stared at me, his cheeks had the faint track marks of old tears. His purple eyes now free of all the pain he had held before. I tried to say his name, to call for him but the words just couldn't form..

I had woken up from my restless sleep to be greeted by my worst nightmare. Kokichi eyes were fixed on mine, the chain around his neck removed and a Monokuma mark as a replacement. He didn't say a word as he regarded me with those dull purple eyes.

"..." I shook my head, refusing to believe what I was seeing. This was worse than Rantaro's betrayal. Worse than Kaede's death. Worse than Kaito's absence.

"Ohhhhh Ouma!" the overly cheerful voice of Monokuma called out. Despite the sheet of glass, I could hear him very clearly. "Looks like you're free to go!"

Ouma slowly stood up from where he was kneeling in front of me. I was frozen to the core, too shocked to process what was going on. It was painful. Mind numbing pain which rendered me immobile. He didn't say a word as he turned to leave the room. Why was he so emotionless? Why didn't he say anything?

I watched him turn slightly, and my breath caught. I froze, waiting for him to smile, or wink at me. To do anything that indicated he was joking and pretending. Surely the serum didn't work on him. Then I recalled that it had been enhanced.. so the chances were next to none.

My hope vanished as soon as Kokichi gave me a simple look of confusion and exit the room with Monokuma; without another word.

He didn't even say goodbye.

Surely he could remember.
Deep down within himself.
He promised he wouldn't forget me.
He promised everything to me.
Was he faking it?
No. No. He couldn't be faking it.

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥

[ Kokichi's PoV ]

I didn't know why I woke up on the floor. All I could remember was swirling white mist, the feeling of hanging in empty space and muffled sounds of a voice speaking to me. My head had stopped throbbing with pain, but I felt like something within me was missing. And why was my forearm was hurting slightly?

But at least, the first thing I felt in my dream was someone pressing a hand to my neck. Then a voice telling me to wake up. And I did wake, eventually.

I didn't know why the boy in front of me was crying. He had dark navy blue hair, warm golden eyes which had tears forming in them. I didn't know who he was, or why he was crying. But he seemed.. familiar.

"Kokichi!" I could hear him repeat my name over and over again as he continued hitting the glass. I was surprised that the material hadn't broken so far..

I stared at my hands, surprised to find that my fingertips were covered with blood. "..." What happened to me? Why was I in this strange place? Did I do something wrong? I pushed up my sleeve, wondering why was it stinging with dull pain. A thin line of blood had formed there.. weird.

"Ohhhhh Ouma!"

I flinched slightly, turning to see a bear standing by the doorway. A bear? His name resurfaced in my mind. Monokuma. That's right.. he was my principal, at Hope's Peak Academy. "Looks like you're free to go!"