Only Held to the Earth

✧ Chapter 3 ✧
[ Only Held to the Earth ]
✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

"Ouma- Jeez.." Kaito glared at him, "What the hell are you doing here you damn Lovesick person?"

"Lovesick? Hey.. that's not very nice." Kokichi frowned sadly, pulling a face at the two of them. "Says the two people hiding in the bushes and spying on girls! I ought to report this to Principal Monokuma ya know.."

"No!" Kaito and Shuichi exclaimed at the same time, making Kokichi shush them. "Man, you two are really bad at sneaking around. Why not you let me in on your grand scheme to get the girl?" he asked.

"Shut up already Ouma, I don't know what you're talking about." Kaito growled, looking over at where there were girls exiting the dormitory building.

"There's so much love in your eyes, it's making me sick." Kokichi giggled, ruffling Kaito's hair, "Soooo.. who's the girl who stole your heart?"

"Ouma, just shut up! We're going to get in trouble.!" Shuichi tried to make Kokichi lower his volume. Was this what Kokichi wanted? To get both him and Kaito into trouble?

No, Kokichi may seem like a major problem, but he wasn't that evil, was he?

"Then let me in on your plan! I can help! This is more thrilling than watching ants march by one by one, hurrah!" He sang as Kaito rolled his eyes, "Goddamnit, Ouma, how old are you? You're definitely not sixteen."

"Just.. don't get us in trouble, please." Shuichi told him as patiently as he could, going back to looking out for Maki.

"Then who are you looking for, Saihara-chan?"

Shuichi glared at him, the nickname jarring his mind a little and making him unable to think. What did Kokichi just.. call him?

"Don't glare at me like that, Shuichi, c'mon, I didn't know you'd like girls," Kokichi looked at his hand, a little strand of his hair waving in the humid wind, "I was disappointed."

"What-?" Shuichi heard himself say as Kokichi dropped his gaze from his own hand to face Shuichi expectantly, "Disappointing. That you like girls. I struck you as more of a boy/girl type."

"We're not even supposed to Love. What the hell are you talking about?" Shuichi felt his face heat.

Kokichi leaned forward, so that the two of them were merely inches apart. Shuichi held himself back, feeling a line of perspiration trickle down the side of his face.

"Hmm.." the other boy leaned away, "Shame."

"What's a shame?" Shuichi asked him, annoyed by his antics. But his heart pounding. Was he tricking him? Playing with his feelings? What the hell was Kokichi Ouma doing?

"Hey, space boy," the boy turned to him with a smug smile, "What are you going to do once you get your girl?"

"It's Maki Roll, she's not just some girl." Kaito glared at him defensively, but suddenly lost his anger when he processed Kokichi's question. "Huh.. I.. uh.. don't know what I'll do the moment I actually meet her.."

"You two are so dumb!" Kokichi laughed, "Don't you know what's planning ahead? Don't tell me you're thinking of just kidnaping Maki and just forcing her away-."

"I'm pretty sure she'll be the one who will tie us up and dispose us to Monokuma." Shuichi muttered, shuddering a little, "Seriously Kaito, I don't see why you like her."

"She's just brilliant.. and brave and strong and just so confident." Kaito smiled dreamily, making Kokichi roll his eyes to the sky, "You've obviously fallen in love, Momota-chan."