Is All It Could Be

Sidenote:
I love foreshadowing things in my books, and making references to the original games.

And besides, one of you actually caught a foreshadowing that Ouma made in the nurse's office back in the [ School Journey ]; which could be relevant to this chapter. Maybe. 💙

And: Sorry to say but I've been procrastinating on editing this because I'm lazy. (No surprise) — I can hear my mom watching 'Tangled' in the other room and it's distracting. XD

I was supposed to publish this yesterday but- darn it. Anyway, enjoy :)

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

✧ Chapter 62 ✧
[ Is All It Could Be ]
♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
[ Keebo's PoV ]

"Have you come to save your friend?" Chihiro tilted his head slightly, bringing out a small rod with prongs at the end of it. With a flick of a small lever, the rod expanded to the form of a large hammer.

At the back of my mind, I could vaguely remember.. something familiar about it.

"This is another one of Iruma's inventions.. such a brilliant mind, but too bad it's always so polluted by thoughts as lewd as her.." Chihiro sighed with mock sadness as anger boiled inside me. Miu Iruma..

"Don't talk about her that way!" I snapped, the anger making the pain in my side burn. "It's because of you that she's gone! You killed her! You killed our friends!"

"Unfortunately, that's wrong." The Programmer's gaze moved from the hammer to my eyes, lowering the gadget and making it rest on the floor. "Iruma was killed by your love. Don't you see? Love is poison."

"And.. speaking of poison.."

Maki inched forward slightly as Chihiro slammed a hand on a nearby button, and a panel from the ceiling opened to reveal a figure hanging by several ropes.

At the same time, a vat of green liquid rose from the ground, beneath the hanging body. It was something straight out of a movie of some sort, but this was very much real and just as terrifying.

Beside me, I heard Maki and Chiaki take in a breath as we stared up at Nagito.

He seemed perfectly nonchalant, his pale hands tied and body dangling before the chamber of liquid. His glasses had fallen off, presumably lost in the fight with the Traitors.

However, Nagito was glaring at Chihiro with the same fierceness as someone who was robbed of his food. (A/N: Sorry, as I'm editing this, I'm hungry)

Maki clenched her fists as a door slid open to reveal more Monokumas of different variations. Some of the bears carried bombs, and shields, poised and ready to attack.

Chihiro then scowled, brushing a strand of hair away from his face. A gesture I always thought of as feminine.

"This disgusting human trash tried to attack me, of all things. He even managed to disassemble Kirokuma, knock out Utsugi and Jataro. But still, they've managed to tie him up.. and hang him him up there."

Chiaki frowned at the petite Programmer, who was now smiling despite the seriousness of the situation. The pain on my side was getting duller the second, which was a good thing since I had to find a way to free Komaeda somehow..

"Why.. are you doing this?" Chiaki asked in a small voice as the Monokuma Traitor's smile wavered. It was so innocent looking, but full of hidden malice that I've never expected.