And Now While Medicated Even

✧ Chapter 30 ✧
[ And Now While Medicated Even ]
✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

"First of all," Shuichi looked at the loaf of bread in front of him, "That's my bread! And secondly, there's no way we're playing such a dangerous game as this, Ouma."

Kokichi just leaned away from the knife, looking right at him, "Reallly?" he pouted, "Fine.. then we can keep moping around and being sad all the time. It seems like you got rid of your emo hat, Saihara-chan."

Shuichi blinked, confused by the sudden change of topic. Out of habit, he reached up to his head to straighten his hat but of course, it wasn't there. He played off the embarrassing move by tucking a strand of his hair behind his ear.

"I must say, your eyes look soooo much better when you don't hide them in the shadows of your hair." Kokichi looked at his fingernails.

"Uh.. Ouma?" Kaede piped up, "Are you just going to keep talking to us?" the blonde asked. She looked slightly uncomfortable because of the knife which was still embedded in the loaf of bread.

"Sure I am. I'm going to annoy the heck out of you two till you play the game." he replied simply, "And it's not a lie!"

"He's pretty annoying," Keebo stated, finally prying the knife out of  the bread and taking a bite out of the food. "No offence, Ouma."

Kokichi waved the scientist's comment away as Shuichi looked like he couldn't decide if he should play the game or not. "I mean, don't get me wrong," Kokichi continued, "You know that I can just sit here and talk all day.. but that would waste my time since I dislike hanging around with you and piano girl." he lied. "I'm only around because both of you seem to be the only ones who won't hit me if I annoy the heck out of-."

"Fine," Shuichi groaned, rubbing his head, "Your constant pestering is giving me a huge headache.. let's just play this game.."

"Yay!" Kokichi grinned, clapping his hands together. His first part of the plan worked perfectly.! Now all he had to do was... keep planning ahead.

The best plans were always the ones thought on whim. No matter how crazy the plan, all he had to do was to believe that everything would run smoothly.

"Alright Saihara-chan and Akamatsu-chan," he began, "Who would like to have the honour of going first?"

Keebo heaved a sigh of relief, thankful that he didn't need to play the game. "Don't relax yet, Keeboy," Kokichi smirked at him, "You'll get your chance to play after we finish up."

Keebo turned pale, the glasses perched on his head slipping down slightly. "Jussssst kidding," the purple haired student giggled, "That was a lie."

"I'm so confused by you, Ouma.." The scientist mumbled as Shuichi looked at Kaede, some sort of understanding passed between them. "Shuichi-." Kaede started to say when the blue haired boy shook his head, fixing his warm grey eyes on Ouma's purple ones.

"I'll give it a try first, Ouma." he said slowly, as Kokichi uncrossed his fingers from behind his back. Of course Shuichi would volunteer to go first, he was always such a gentleman.

"Alrighty then," the trickster smiled widely and plucked the knife from Keebo's hand. "Go ahead, Mister Detective," he waved the handle of the utensil towards him. "Rules are simple. Your hand on the table..."

Kokichi grabbed Shuichi's hand, and before he could lose his nerve, he placed it on the center of the table. The blue haired boy's hand was slightly sweaty but oh well. He kinda wished he could actually hold the detective's hand... someday.

"You have... hmmm.. since you're a newbie, you have half a minute instead of a full one." Kokichi continued, moving his hand away from the other male's who was still looking down at the table.