With the Hole in My Own Heart

✧ Chapter 18 ✧
[ With the Hole In My Own Heart ]
✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

The blue haired boy sighed, shouldering his backpack and heading to the library. Once again, Kokichi had asked him to meet there.

"I found something super important Saihara-chan! Meet me at our usual timing, same place!" the shorter boy had whispered rather breathlessly before dashing off for Chemistry.

Whatever it was, Shuichi hoped it was something useful for the whole mystery of Hope's Peak Academy. He had seen Kokichi wander around the place, mumbling about names and something about a random bunch of numbers..

The blue haired boy pushed the glass doors open once more and seeing Mahiru, Hiyoko and Mikan. It seemed like the three girls were arguing, or rather, Mahiru was watching as Hiyoko argued with Mikan.

Shuichi looked at his student handbook, checking the time and realising that he was a little earlier than usual. He didn't want to get into any petty girl fights so he stayed clear from the three of them.

Might as well meet Ouma and get it over and done with.

As Shuichi climbed the steps to the second floor, he realised how much time had actually passed. It was almost the end of their third year at Hope's Peak.

It's been almost two years ever since Kaito had been taken away.

Where had he gone.?

Why wasn't he returning?

But then again, both Nagito and Hajime hadn't returned even after three years had passed.. right? Ugh, the numbers were so confusing, it was giving Shuichi a headache.

Things have changed ever since he hung around with Kokichi.. to be honest. He found himself spending less and less time moping about Kaito. He was grateful for the purple haired prankster's many distractions.

Sure, he missed Kaito a lot.. there were times when he lay asleep at night, thinking about him. When he couldn't get up from bed without the help of Kaito's morning encouragements. When he just wanted to sleep forever and somehow maybe see his best friend again.

It's been two years. Maybe it was finally time to move on.

He was never going to forget about Kaito, but he was going to cherish whatever memories he had made with him in the school.

Shuichi walked over to the empty desk where he and Kokichi always sat together and took his usual seat. The chair opposite him was empty, since he was half an hour early.

One thing he noticed about Kokichi was that he always arrived just in time. Never late, never early. Maybe it was just a habit.

Shuichi pulled at his school tie, feeling uncomfortable despite the air conditioning. Why was he being so nervous? It was a meeting as per usual. So there was no reason to be so tense.

"Oh hey, Shuichi.."

He blinked, looking up to see a familiar shade of green hair. Rantaro stood beside the chair, holding it. "Mind if I sit?" he asked, giving him his usual gorgeous smile.

"Oh no no, I don't mind." Shuichi replied, feeling his face heat up as Rantaro sat on the chair.

"Thanks.." he laughed a little humbly, placing his hand on the table, "It's a coincidence that I always see you here, isn't it? It seems that we always just happen to run into each other."

"Yeah," Shuichi chuckled as well, hearing himself sound as awkward as usual. Damnit.

Why was he always such a fool whenever Amami was around? Maybe it was his dazzling smile and his politeness..