No Hope, a Lingering Thread

✧ Chapter 2 ✧
[ No Hope, a Lingering Thread ]
✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

"Hey.. wake up already."

Why.. did that voice sound familiar? It sounded so far away, yet so close to him at the same time. Was he dreaming? Or was he half asleep?

"Wake up. You're going to be late."

The same voice interrupted his thoughts again. But try as he might, Shuichi didn't seem to be able to wake up. What the heck-?

"Oh screw it." the voice huffed impatiently and Shuichi shot awake when a sudden burst of pain flared in his cheek.

"Ow!" he yelped, holding his face and looking up at the figure, who was illuminated by the sun behind them.

"Why did you do that for?" Shuichi demanded, narrowing his eyes.

The figure tilted their head, making the sunlight shine directly onto Shuichi even more.

The students at Hope's Peak needed to wear their simple brown uniforms, so of course Shuichi couldn't recognise anyone by their clothes. What he needed to look out for were their hairstyles.

And he knew that hairstyle anywhere..

"Ouma?" he muttered, "Ugh, answer my question would you?"

"Yep, it's me, the one and only," Kokichi squatted down in front of him, and flicked his finger against Shuichi's nose.

"Ow-! Seriously, stop hurting me!" he muttered, rubbing his nose now.

"I'm just waking you up, sleepyhead. You slept through Chemistry, and now it's time to get back to the dorms." Kokichi explained. "And to think I'd get a thank you for waking you up. Or else you'd get toasted by the sun overhead."

Shuichi dumbly looked up at the sun, which immediately blinded him and made spots appear in his vision,

"Jeez, you're so stupid sometimes, sleepyhead. Don't ever look at the sun, you'll burn your retinas or something.."

"Thanks for telling me after I stared at the sun." Shuichi grumbled, rubbing his eyes, trying to get rid of the spots.

"Hmph, well, I'll get going now. And if I were you, I'd probably do the same. Those ants are crawling all over you."

Shuichi looked down and nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw huge black ants crawling around.

"Holy-!" he leapt up and swatted the insects away as Kokichi watched, with an amused smirk on his face. "Told ya!" he sang.

Shuichi glared at him, "Wow, thanks. You've been really helpful, Ouma. Now why don't you go bother someone else?" he grabbed his backpack and swatted more ants away.

Kokichi gave Shuichi a twisted smile, "Well darling, go buy a brain. I came here to help you and this is what I get. Nice."

Shuichi felt his heart skip a beat when he heard the word, 'darling'. He forced down his feelings and decided to turn it into hatred.

"Thanks for being so sarcastic, Ouma. With all due respect, I don't give a damn." Shuichi pushed his hat a little over his face and turned away.

His face burned with embarrassment as Kokichi laughed.

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

"Hey sidekick- whoa.! Slow your roll kiddo, what happened?" Kaito asked as Shuichi barged into their shared dorm room, throwing down his bag.

"For the last time Momota.." He grumbled and promptly fell face first onto his own bed. "I'm the same age as you, so don't call me a kid."

"Something's made you mad. Do you want me to go beat them up?" Kaito offered as Shuichi covered his head with a pillow.