The Will to Live that Lingers

✧ Chapter 36 ✧
[ The Will to Live that Lingers  ]
✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

"Well if it isn't Shuichi Saihara.." The traitor smiled from where they were sitting on the ground, their magenta eyes glinting. Shuichi stood in front of the purple haired Supreme Leader, shielding him from the smirking figure. No one spoke for awhile, the trio regarding each other with tension in the air.

"It seems like we meet again.." the person picked himself up from the ground, "The library didn't seem to discourage you I see."

"What do you want?" Shuichi asked, his tone serious. "Why do you keep tormenting us like this?"

Kokichi looked up at the detective, his heart fluttering slightly when he heard Shuichi refer to the both of them as 'us'. That couldn't be a coincidence, right? He hoped it wasn't a coincidence.

"Why?" the person laughed, stretching their arms slightly out to their sides, "Well, you'll find out soon. Why not you tend to your little boyfriend's wounds?"

Kokichi's eyes widened at the word, 'boyfriend'. Shuichi immediately glanced down at Ouma, "He's not my boyfriend.. I-I'm not even-. He's my friend."

Hearing it coming out from Shuichi's mouth seemed about a hundred times worse, Kokichi thought. But he called him a friend. The traitor smiled knowingly, reaching up to one of the Monokuma ears on the hoodie and tugging at it.

"Whatever you say. My leader predicted what's going to happen... and I dare say he's 100% accurate most of the time." with that, he turned, "Oh and one more thing.."

The traitor looked back at the two, "Your little friend, Kaito.. he's rather annoying to deal with, so we killed him." he announced it so easily. No sadness, no hint of sarcasm. Just a matter-of-factly. With that said, the traitor walked away.

Shuichi clasped his shaking hands together, trying to steady them. Kaito was dead? How could that be? How was that possible? He would've continued wondering but a loud cough shook him out of his thoughts. "Ouma!" he quickly knelt down when the purple haired boy coughed again.

"Hey gorgeously handsome," the boy smirked weakly, but looked rather pained while doing so, "Glad to hear you actually calling me your friend."

Shuichi waved away his comment, not wanting to look at the other student's eyes. "Where does it hurt?" he asked but Ouma shook his head.

"I can manage on my own. It's not that bad," Kokichi told him, his heart skipping several beats when he realised how close the two of them was. Thank goodness they were in a place where there weren't many students.

But of course, it was dangerous. With the traitor lurking about, cameras at every corner and the possibility of a student walking up to them.. Kokichi's face flushed slightly when he found himself thinking about actually kissing Saihara.

"The wounds doesn't seem very deep," the detective was saying, looking at Ouma's neck. "I need you to remove your bandanna so I can check."

"You- you don't have to fuss over me, Saihara-chan!" the prankster laughed nervously, trying not to dwell too much on what the other boy said, "I can take care of myself!"

"Liar," Shuichi said easily, taking hold of the back of Kokichi's bandanna and untying it. "Wha-hey!" the smaller boy yelped, "Don't do that! This is against my will.. maybe."

Shuichi leaned back, surprised and slightly shocked to see multiple bruises across the pale neck. A whole patch of fingernail scars and a scratch mark leading down to the shirt. It seemed as though he was attacked by feral cats instead of humans.