That They All Held Inside

✧ Chapter 17 ✧
[ That They All Held Inside ]
✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

Shuichi held him close, but soon realised that the other boy had somehow fallen asleep in his arms.

He didn't know if he should wake him up or not.. but Kokichi looked pretty peaceful. His fingers holding onto Shuichi's shirt and his mouth open slightly.

Shuichi reached down and gently took Ouma's hand, making the other boy relax. He must've been really tired if he had fallen asleep like this. Without a word, the blue haired boy held Kokichi up, and made him lie on the bed.

He didn't know how to treat the large bruise on Ouma's face though. Shuichi resisted the urge to just reach over and run the flat of his thumb across Ouma's cheek.

He actually wanted to make Kokichi feel safe. He didn't know what he was actually feeling. Maybe he felt puzzled. Or troubled.

Additionally, Shuichi felt that he might've depended too much on Kaito. Every time he was either injured in their sports class or if he fell down, Kaito was there to help.

Was his love for Kaito just a mistake? Was he just too dependent on the guy that he had mistaken it for love?

For the first time in a long while... Shuichi felt doubtful. Was that all it was? Him just relying on Kaito? The blue haired boy looked at Kokichi, who was sleeping soundly, his face partially hidden by a pillow.

He looked away, feeling his heart beat a little wildly. Ouma was just a friend, that's all. A mischievous prankster.. and just a classmate. And classmates should take care of each other.

That's all it was.

Shuichi sat on a chair, relaxing a little and looking at the clock. It was nearly eight in the evening. He might as well head back to his dorm room.

But then again, he didn't want to leave Kokichi. He recalled when he had injured himself in that rain and Keebo and Kokichi had helped. The bandaids the purple haired boy actually worked, to his surprise.

And he had a sneaking suspicion..

Shuichi looked at the bed Ouma was lying on. It was the same one he had rested on when he had hurt his leg. Which meant that he had been sleeping on Ouma's bed.

He frowned, remembering that Keebo had tried to correct him when Shuichi had questioned about it. And here he was, an absolute failure because he couldn't save Kokichi from his beating from Akane. Pathetic.

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

[ Outside Shuichi's Dorm Room ]

Gundham stood outside the room, reaching within his scarf and bringing out three hamsters. He regarded them for awhile and as if on cue, the bell chimed overhead.

Nine in morning. Perfect timing.

He had stayed outside Shuichi's dorm room the whole night, taking his task very seriously indeed. Whatever this whole mystery was, he will solve it no matter how long it took.

"Let's go get Jum-P back, and hope that whoever is behind this, is banished to Hell." he muttered to the animals, which squeaked and nodded amongst themselves. Gundham turned away from Shuichi's room and headed downstairs, not making eye contact with anyone he passed.

Thankfully, no one stopped him. All except a girl who he knew and was a little fond of. "Good morning Gundham!" Sonia Nevermind smiled, waving to him.

"Good morning yourself, Princess." he replied, looking away from the girl. Sonia just smiled, like she always did whenever he called her 'Princess'. It was her title wasn't it? He was just being polite.