The Death of All I Love

✧ Chapter 73 ✧
[ The Death of All I Love ]
▹⋇⋆**❀ ❀** ⋆⋇◃
[ Kokichi's PoV ]

(A/N: yEy, another long chapter, go crazy)

'This was the end of a school year. And I was ready for it. After Shuichi had given me the necklace, we went on a thousand dates, all within the campus grounds of course.'

'However, he did promise to explore the world with me, visit exotic places and help Amami-chan with his own adventures with his family on his boat. Can't wait for that.'

'Speaking of Amami-chan, he and space boy got together and now they're a couple. Surprise surprise. But when they started competing with Saihara-chan and I to see who was the cutest couple, I had threatened to blackmail them (a total lie) and make them say that Saiouma is the cutest couple in the whole school.'

'Akamatsu-chan and Scary Maki are still together. In fact, they're about to celebrate their one year anniversary soon. Which is way too cheesy. I'm totally not counting how long I've been with my darling Saihara-chan.'

'There's a ton of other people who are together, and if I write about each and every couple in here, it's going to take forever, and I'm lazy.'

'My song somehow became popular in school.. which is weird because I wrote it just for my darling Saihara-chan. I blame Smoogi-Woogie-chan for spying on my boyfriend and I at night.'

'Speaking about that.. Mister Detective and I spend our time in the roof garden.. sometimes, he's cute and falls asleep while talking about random things.. I found out that he likes dogs, and I told him that when we get married someday— he blushed so much when I said that —we should get a dog.'

'I told him that I wasn't fond of dogs. He didn't seem to catch that lie, because he suggested we keep a tabby cat instead. I somehow ended up confusing him when I told him I wanted to keep a turtle. Which he agreed to rather reluctantly. We had a good laugh over that.'

'Anyway, the thing is.. we have one more obstacle ahead of us. My parents' consent to let me live with my boyfriend. I didn't want to do it, but Saihara-chan insisted. I kinda admired his respect, but jeez..'

'Other than that.. my life has been perfect. I have a caring, adorable and ridiculously charming boyfriend, friends who I can kinda rely on and a new year ahead. What more can I ask for?'

I paused, signing my name off with a smile. I analysed the page, before placing down my pen. The book I was writing in was a simple notebook, with a dotted patterned covering and a ribbon for a bookmark. I had discovered it while clearing out Keeboy's closet. Taped on the front, was a small piece of scrapped paper with the words: 'For: Future-Ouma. Good luck.'

I didn't know who left it behind, but what was strange about it were the torn edges at the front, clean, blank pages at the back. Perhaps, it had been left behind by Past-Ouma; since that was what Keeboy states me when he tells me about his story of Saihara-chan and I's past life.

"Ready to go?"

We speak of the devil. I raised my head to see him leaning against the doorframe, a slight tilt of his head and a box in his arms. I found myself smiling, sweeping my book into my bag and quickly following Saihara-chan out the door.

He was walking pretty fast, despite the extra load of books in his arms. But he thankfully slowed down, waiting for me. "I totally didn't need you to wait for me, darling-chan." I huffed, pouting while playing with the necklace around my neck.

We stood by the front doors of the boy's dormitory building, me just playing with my necklace and him holding his box of things. There was an unspoken question in his eyes. I could almost hear him thinking if my parents would allow me to stay with him..