Begging and Pleading

✧ Chapter 32 ✧
[ Begging and Pleading ]
✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

Gundham stood at the well, looking down at the darkness below with a disapproving glare. He's been checking on it every single day, each day waiting for the voice to reply him. But of course, no threats came from within.

He had narrowed it down to a few suspects, but in his opinion.. they seemed incapable of such evil.

Chihiro Fujisaki was one of his suspects, since Gundham had seen the girl approach the well every now and then. Perhaps she had something to do with this mystery.

Or rather, Gundham should call Fujisaki a boy instead. Since he knew that the hazel eyed student was hiding their true gender for some unknown purposes..

A few days ago, he had received a book from an unknown source. It was a simple leather bound black book, with white designs across it. On its spine, was a set of initials which read: R.o.L.

Gundham had discovered it lying on his bed, and it's contents held startling information-.

"Gundham?"

A voice made him turn, to see the Princess, Sonia smiling at him. The girl was in her usual school uniform, with a part of her long blond hair tied into a braid. She looked beautiful as always, but something felt off about her.

"Good afternoon, Gundham!" she greeted, "I was just passing by and.. I saw you hanging around here. So I was a little concerned."

She was concerned for him? Gundham scoffed, "I don't need your concern, or pity, Princess. A mere mortal like you cannot compare to a being like me."

Sonia smiled slightly, "Gundham, I told you so many times to not say such things. I'm your friend, after all. And friends should look out for one another."

He felt his face heat up slightly, making him quickly pull his scarf up to hide the redness. "You.. call me a friend?"

The blonde nodded, reaching forward and taking his hands with hers, "Of course! You've been helping me with my lessons and you're very kind to animals. And I want to understand you better as well, Gundham."

No one has ever said that to him before. And honestly, he felt touched. He glanced behind him, right into the darkness of the well. He swore he could see a pair of magenta eyes looking back at him, waiting; or maybe he was imagining things.

"Thank you Princess." he turned to the girl, thanking her without showing too much gratefulness. He had to maintain the distance between them, after all.

The girl smiled and leaned in to kiss his cheek, to his surprise. His eyes widened as he quickly pushed away from her, stepping back. "Wait.." he muttered, his back hitting the well as she looked at him. "You-."

Sonia continued to smile at him, as she held the ends of his scarf to stop him from falling. "You shouldn't really trust anyone Gundham." she said softly, "The leader says you need to be taken down. You know too much. So I was chosen to bring you down with me."

"Does this all have something to do with that..." he stopped himself from saying too much. "I trusted you!" Gundham glared at her as she let go of the ends of his scarf.

Curses... this was why he hated making friends. He was betrayed by the one he actually called a acquaintance. How could he have been so foolish?

"I'm not entitled to talk to you about the Leader's projects, Tanaka.. but I promise," she smiled, "We'll erase your memories and pretend this never happened."