A Fever was the Woe

✧ Chapter 13 ✧
[ A Fever was the Woe ]
✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

"Stop."

Maki and Peko stood in front of Kokichi, shielding him from the onslaught of students. The two girls held out their weapons, Maki with a knife and Peko with her bamboo sword.

"Hey! What gives?" Akane demanded, cracking her knuckles. "You're protecting the enemy!"

"This isn't right," Peko said quietly, fixing her red eyes on her fifth year classmates. "If you killed Ouma, it would be as bad as Monokuma killing Miss Chisa."

"But this is all his fault to begin with!" Leon pointed to Kokichi, who was silently standing behind the two girls. Peko and Maki stayed defensive, shoulder to shoulder.

"But killing people isn't the answer," Maki held her knife higher, her long hair waving a little. "I've sworn to stop killing, because it isn't right. The real person you have to attack is Monokuma."

"Ehhh?" the bear climbed onto the podium and scratched his head, "Why me? I'm merely a pawn in a game! I'm just a mascot! You kiddos aren't looking at the bigger picture."

"Anyway," Monokuma sighed, looking at the ceiling, "If you're not gonna attack Ouma, that's boring. The people reading this book were just waiting for some excitement!"

"The what?" Fuyuhiko asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Soooo maybe just go back to class and stop wasting your time." Monokuma waved a lazy paw, "I've punished you guys enough haven't I? I killed your favourite teacher!"

"D-Dont treat it so lightly!" Maizono sobbed, covering her face as tears rolled down her cheeks, "She didn't deserve to die!"

The students looked at each other, all of them agreeing to what Maizono said. Miss Chisa never deserved to die..

No one deserved to die.

"Oh, she was just an extra. Anyway, chop chop, students! Move your fat asses and skinny thighs. And oh, if you do want to attack Ouma, feel free to do so. I'll turn a blind eye to your threats and whatever treatment you give to him."

Kokichi felt annoyed. Seriously? What kind of principal was he?

Why was Monokuma attacking him so much? Pinning blames on him and encouraging the students to outright bully him?!

Unless.

Kokichi stared at the red eye of Monokuma, right at the camera which was watching their every move.

He was close to finding something important to this school, but now Monokuma wanted to shut him up.

Even if he had to use the other students to do so.

✧༺♥༻∞  ∞༺♥༻✧

Kokichi slammed the door of his room shut, a wave of tears swimming in his eyes as he clutched the doorknob. Crap. He why did he think it would be so easy..?

Actually walking into the room where Keebo used to be.. expecting him to barge in as per normal with his stacks of books. But no one opened the door or greeted him with concern.

He squeezed his eyes tight, sliding to the ground and resting his forehead against the wood. His fingers slipped off the doorknob and fell onto the ground.

Everything was going too fast. And it was his fault...

Of course it was his fault.

It was his fault Miss Yukizome Chisa.. the most kindest teacher of Hope's Peak Academy was dead.