All the Gaps Inside My Heart

✧ Chapter 46 ✧
[ All the Gaps Inside My Heart ]
♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
[ Shuichi's PoV ]

Everything was shrouded in dark, ocean-blue light, so dark that I couldn't see my surroundings properly. With the loud sound of an annoying alarm blaring in my ears, I sat up from where I was lying on the cold tiled floor. The world tilted and shifted as I tried to get my bearings.

What .. was going on?

I looked at myself, feeling sore from lying in such a position. My arm had been propped up at an awkward angle; my legs numb. That's it.. my memories came rushing back to me. I had fallen back to sleep, my hand pressed against the cracked glass while dreaming about Ouma.

At least in my dreams.. he was happy, cheerful and hopeful. Just like his usual self before we meddled with Hope's Peak's mysteries. Was it all worth it? I recalled him telling me to trust him. But now that he wasn't here..

Do I still trust him? Of course I did. Somewhere, deep within myself, I believed he would be alright, and would remember me.

I didn't want to cry any more.. I was done crying for those I've lost.

Slowly getting up from the floor, I used the glass to help support my weight. My feet ached, tiny pinpricks of electricity-like shivers running across my skin as blood circulated. Using my left hand, I smoothed down the hospital gown I was wearing, and looked at my bare feet.

Strange. I don't even remember changing into my current clothes. Additionally, I couldn't seem to recall when was the last time I took a shower.

Anyway, I had to find out what was going on. Why were the lights now a strange blue hue instead of their usual dull orange? And that alarm.. was someone breaking in or out of the Hospital? If so.. I hoped that they were able to escape. Since who in their right mind would want to enter this hell?

Ouma might..

I found myself thinking about him once again. What was he doing? How was his life like at the Academy without me? Probably on his quest to find some Panta to drink, or annoying the other students. But even if he broke into the Hospital, why should he? He lost all his memories about me.

Thinking about him just made my heart ache once again. It used to do so, all the time when I was still at the school. When he touched my hand, or looked at me in the eyes, I found myself brushing away the feelings of affection because I was.. well. Scared.

Scared of falling in love and getting the one I love taken away from me.

The light from under the door flickered, catching my attention, and making me slowly press my back against the glass. A shadow stood there, blocking the light. Whoever it is, they were too tall to be a Monokub. My eyes darted to the lock, as the card reader turned green and the door swung open.

I heard myself take a sharp breath, seeing the silhouette by the door. It was one of those people. The ones wearing those black hoodies. The ones who recruited Kaede and in the end.. she died for them. Were they called.. the Remnants of Love?

I didn't know if I should either run up to the person and give them a punch to the face, or just collapse onto the floor with exhaustion. So far, I was thinking about the second option, but Ouma and Kaede wouldn't want me to give up so easily.

I stared at the person, who was glaring back at me. Behind the shadow of the hood, I saw that they seemed to have glowing red irises. No.. wait. The way they stood seemed vaguely familiar. And.. my eyes were drawn to the bead bracelet circled around the person's wrist.