But the Only Way to Heal

✧ Chapter 51 ✧
[ But the Only Way to Heal ]
♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
[ Kokichi's PoV ]

"He's supposed to be dead!" I paced around the room as Keebo packed the strange device away in a small metal box. "I'm pretty sure that strange person was that infamous Nagito Komaeda guy.. but.. ugh."

We were back in our dorm room, with that weird illusion world gone and Keebo playing around with a fidget cube. Still pacing around, I tugged at the sleeves of my long white shirt, feeling strange without my bandanna.

But that was the least of my worries since right now, Keebo and I had a lot to theorise about.

"What if it was a clone?" Keebo offered as I bit my thumbnail, careful not to nick the skin. "Or a disguise? Or a doppelgänger."

I stopped walking, looking at him with annoyance, "That was definitely Nagito Komaeda. It's the hair. But the real question is, how is he even alive? He and Hajime had their hearts impaled by knives in the Hospital-."

A sudden sharp burst of pain in my head made me gasp slightly. However, it passed just as quickly as it came. The rush was enough to make me clear my mind and the words I wanted to say, died in my throat.

What- what was that?

"Ouma? What happened? You stopped mid sentence." Keebo's rather faraway voice echoed.

That's right.. was.. I supposed to remember about those two students?

The Heartbreak Hospital.

What kind of Hospital was that?

"You're going to take the serum aren't you? But why? You've never fallen for anyone have you?"

Shuichi Saihara.

"I understand.. I cant stop you if it's your choice."

Reverse.. Serum? No.. there's more than that. There's three of them.

"You didn't have to hurt yourself because of me!"

With each word and sentence echoing in my mind, I pressed my palms against my head, trying to relive the pressure inside.

I had to stop thinking- was that what I had to do to stop the pain?

"I need him to love me! Don't you understand?!"

"Kokichi!"

I snapped out of my thoughts as a sharp pain on my neck scared me. "What the-?" I held my neck as Keebo seemed to be holding what seemed to be a taser. "What the frick did you just do?"

"Shocked you." the other boy replied casually. "You needed to snap out of.. whatever you're thinking about." His light blue eyes held so much concern, it made me feel guilty.

l dropped my hands to my sides, feeling breathless as I stared at the leather bound notebook in front of me. "Goddamnit, Keeboy, you could've killed me!" I exclaimed as he looked at the taser with a amused expression.

"Fukawa uses this.." he replied rather pathetically as he spun the stun gun around on his palm.

I rolled my eyes with annoyance. "Isn't she that half insane serial killer, half nerdy bookworm who's basically immortal."

"You liar, she's not immortal- why are we talking about her?"

I turned my mouth down, "Fine, just answer this question. Is there something called the Reverse Serum?" I tried my best to recall any fragment of memory, despite the growing headache which was starting to build up once more. "At a place called the Heartbreak Hospital?"