chapter 29: scars

Start from the beginning

"Shawn and I broke up." Crystal always felt like she had to explain everything or else no one would ever understand her. Though, sometimes she didn't even understand herself.

"Oh." Aiden had no idea what to say. "Im -uh- sorry" All he could think of was How could he let her go?

"Is it-. Is it - um - because of me?"

Crystal couldn't answer him. Is it? Did they really break up because of him?

She took a moment to respond but when she did she only shook her head no. It would be wrong and immature to blame one person for the end of a relationship they're not even in.

Aiden exhaled a breath of relief.

After a while Aiden cleared his throat and realized he was there as her friend. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Crystal had to think about it but concluded "No."

"Do you want me to leave?"

"No."

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Crystal asked. "Wanna watch TV?"

Aiden thought that Crystal just wants to be distracted for a while so he nodded. "I'll go get the lights."

When Aiden came back to sit with her on the couch, Riverdale was playing on the TV. Aiden awkwardly sat next to her at least two feet away from her.

Crystal wasn't even paying attention to the show. She sat there blankly staring at the screen; her mind clouded by a certain caramel-colored eyes.

Aiden was thinking that this show was too depressing for her state at the moment. "Hey, we should watch Friends. I heard you love Friends." He offered in hopes to get her mind off things.

She snapped out of her thoughts when Aiden spoke. She mentally scolded herself for thinking of Shawn. She would try to focus on the show but still end up thinking of him. Finally, she decided there was one thing that could help her not think of him. She suddenly got up from the couch and headed for the kitchen.

Aiden wondered what she was doing until she came back with a bottle of wine.

"Yes I do love Friends, but I don't want to watch it right now. Want some?" She asked him but was already pouring a second glass.

"Umm, I have to drive to get home."

"Oh come on, A. Don't let me drink alone!"

"Are you even sure you should be drinking, Crystal? You're upset."

She already took a sip of her drink. "Exactly! Everybody drinks when they're upset."

"And it never ends well, Crystal. And I can only stay with you for a little while. I have to get home tonight because my shoot is tomorrow." Aiden was genuinely concerned.

"I'm okay with that! I don't need a baby sitter. I'll be fine." She smiled hoping to reassure him.

Aiden sighed and let her be since he hasn't seen her smile all day.

"Hey, you're not 21 yet." He scolded.

"Don't tell me you're Mr. Goody-Two-Shoes."

Aiden sighed again and shook his head.

"Down for some deep talks over wine?" She asked him already with a drunken smile.

"Do I really have a choice or should I run now while I can?"

"You're funny. No, you don't really have a choice. You said you'd be my friend. A friend wouldn't run away."

"Okay then. Hit me with your first question."

"What's it like to be in love?"

"No warm up, huh? We're just going straight to the point." He paused to think. "Have you never really been in love?"

"I asked first."

"It's hard to describe. Lets just say: its like your love for acting. You can't imaging your life without it, without her. Its like a burning passion but for a person. You see them and you would just do absolutely anything just to hear them laugh. You'd give up everything for them. You always find your way to them. Does that make sense?"

"Kind of. Is it a good feeling?"

"Fu.ck yes. It's like you're literally drunk on love. Everything is great and perfect just because they walked in the room. Heartbreak is quite the opposite though."

"Mmmh. I think I know how that feels."

"Sorry."

"Don't be."

There's another pause while they both let the words sink in.

Aiden thought how could she be heartbroken when she wasn't in love with him? Is that even possible?

*

Only an hour later, the bottle was past halfway empty but Aiden didn't have one sip.

"Alright, I think that's enough for tonight, Crystal." He picked up the bottle to take back to the kitchen.

"But why?!? We're having so much fun!" She tried to catch up behind him but she couldn't even walk straight.

Aiden was able to reach the kitchen and drain the rest of the wine in the sink before she stumbled in.

"Oh!" She burst in giggles as she lost her footing but thankfully Aiden was able to catch her.

"I'm putting you to bed." He told her. He put her arm around his back and supported her waist until they reached her bedroom.

Aiden sat her on the foot of her bed. She was a mess but somehow was still beautiful. The alcohol tainted her cheeks red and freckles dotted her make-up free face.

"You wanna shower before going to bed, hun?"

"Hmm. Don't call me that." Crystal slurred and wagged a finger at him. She got up and attempted to go to her closet to change.

Aiden watched her trip on a pair of jeans on the floor and fall. He couldn't help but laugh before he rushed to help her.

"Don't laugh at me!"

"Sorry." He picked her up again and walked her to her bed. "I guess you're gonna have to sleep in those clothes then." He gave her a smile and attempted to tuck her in bed.

"No no! I'm not sleepy."

"Crystal you have to sleep. I also have to leave now."

"Oh?"

"I'm sorry. I have an early shoot tomorrow." He frowned.

"Okay. Good luck then." She said and tucked herself in bed and closed her eyes. "Everybody leaves anyway.

Aiden huffed and finally left.

crystal is drinking underaged but you didnt know that. also i am so sorry for being MIA, i literally have nothing to write for Crystal and Aiden. Also SHAWMILA is actually the reason why i am living.

almost to 21k 😱 I AM SHOOKETH