EP 2 ! "Brothas Said Knock You Out!"

Start from the beginning

"And why should I believe you?" Pocket Knife's grip on Dalvin's shirt tightened.

JoJo shrugged. "I tried." He walked back over to where he was sitting.

"Since you got so much juice, we gon fight tomorrow after school! At three thirty-eight on the dot. And you better not be late!" Pocket Knife released Dalvin, pushed him against the lockers once more and walked away, with his crew following him.

K-Ci arose from the ground as DeVante still layed there. "What we miss?"

JoJo shook his head as Dalvin was in traumatic state.

...

The four were now at the crew's hangout and Dalvin had said nothing since they left school.

K-Ci nudged DeVante. "Is he okay?"

"Yea, he ain't said nothin' in a while." JoJo chimed in.

Dalvin sat in the corner of the room just staring at the wall.

"Dalvin!" DeVante called.

Dalvin continued to stare at the wall as K-Ci got up and approached him. He shook Dalvin and yelled "Dalvin! Blink twice if you're stable!"

Dalvin snapped out of his daze and pushed K-Ci. "You got me into this!"

K-Ci pointed to himself. "Me?"

"Yes, you! Pushin' me into people and throwin' papers to make things worse!"

"Well maybe if you wouldn't have asked a stupid ass question we wouldn't be in this predicament!"

Dalvin squinted his eyes. "That doesn't even make sense! I was asking you if you wanted help with ya' failing grades!"

"How about everybody just calm down?" JoJo suggested.

"Calm down? I ain't never fought nobody before!" Dalvin yelled.

DeVante laughed. "What about Mo-"

Dalvin cut him off. "She doesn't count!" He sighed once more.

"Pocket Knife is large."

K-Ci laughed. "Better hope he don't sit on you." JoJo mugged his brother.

"I'm being serious! He gon' give me brain damage!" Dalvin yelled.

"Sounds like a you problem." DeVante shrugged.

JoJo began to speak. "There are other things you can do t-"

K-Ci covered his mouth. "Jo, shut up real quick." JoJo bit him and the two began hitting each other.

"Anyway!" K-Ci grabbed one of his hoop earrings that fell out of his ear. "All you gotta do is make sure ya hits connect, aim for his face, and duck most of his hits." He reassured Dalvin as he nodded.

"Connect hits, aim for his face, and duck." Dalvin repeated. "Aight, bet!"

DeVante gave him a pat on his back. "See, you all set."

Dalvin smiled. "Yea, but can y'all do me a favor?"

"What?" The other three asked.

"As soon as I hit him, can y'all jump in?"

...

It was now the next day, the day of the fight. Best believe Dalvin's anxiety was off the roof. He thought about not showing up, but he didn't wanna be labeled as a "punk".

The friends lounged in the hallways as they waited for Pocket Knife and his crew.

"What time is it?" Dalvin asked.

JoJo looked at his watch. "Three fifty-two."

Dalvin laughed. "How Pocket Knife gon tell me to be here a specific time when he not even here his damn self? I was really trippin' for no reason."

Pocket Knife and his crew then appeared behind him. K-Ci opened his mouth to speak but Dalvin continued his rant.

"Nah like forreal, I was all nervous and worried but nothing's gon happen! Pocket Knife must only act tough for his crew, he ain't want this work." Dalvin balled up his fist and blew on it, as if to dust it off.

"Is that right?" Dalvin turned around and backed up into the wall as Pocket Knife stepped closer to him.

Dalvin found himself at a loss for words. He looked over to where JoJo, K-Ci and DeVante were as they made fighting motions with their hands to remind Dalvin to not buck down.

Dalvin hesitated but still held his guard nevertheless. "Yeah, thats right! You ain't all that!"

"Well my fist about to be all-"

"FREDERICK!" A voice boomed. They all turned around to be met face-to-face with Pocket Knife's momma.

"Frederick??" Dalvin, K-Ci, DeVante and JoJo all said.

Pocket Knife, or Frederick moved away from Dalvin as he tried to explain himself. "Momm-"

"Uh-uh! I don't wanna hear none of that! I told yo' ass that I was gon be here to pick you up and take you to yo' goddamn doctor's appointment!" She cut him off.

"I know, but-"

She cut him off once more. "And plus you out here bullying innocent kids! How y'all doin'?" She looked at the four close friends, smiling as they all waved with strange expressions on their faces.

"Now you gon' be late for yo' appointment! The hell y'all looking at?" She bucked at Pocket Knife's crew as they all ran away.

"Come on! Imma teach yo ass a lesson!" She dragged Pocket Knife out the school by his ear.

JoJo, K-Ci, DeVante and Dalvin were all silent for a few seconds before they started to bust out in laughter.

"His name Frederick!" K-Ci said in between laughs.

The four laughed more and continued to discuss what had just happened, as they left the school.

*******

What it do, babies?
I decided to drop this chapter on Fourth of July, give y'all sum 2 read if y'all ain't got plans.
Happy Fourth of July, have fun & be safe poohpoohs.
- 90sPlaya 💜