S4 EP 12 ! "New Beginnings"

season 4, episode 12

"New Beginnings"

Tanai knocked on the door before poking her head into the group's dressing room. "Y'all go on in three minutes! I just wanna say good luck, you're gonna need it. The crowd loved me and they might not get jiggy with whatever y'all are putting down," she joked.

Dalvin tucked his pants into his boots. "We don't need luck! You may be good, but we're better."

"Aight, let's get ready to do this quick prayer," JoJo stood up. "Who's saying it this time?"

"DeVante." Dalvin answered, causing his brother to look at him.

"I said it last time."

"Well you gon' say it again." K-Ci said. "Now hurry up cause we ain't got much time left."

The four intertwined fingers and bowed their heads as DeVante began their prayer.

"Heavenly Father, thank you for allowing us to come this far in life while gracing us with love and wisdom."

"Amen."

"Now everybody put your hands together for Jodeci!" The announcer announced before the four enthusiastically raced out to the stage.

"Most of the time, life doesn't always work out in your favor," Dalvin appeared on the right side of the screen.

K-Ci came in on the left, "But other times....it does!"

"Here y'all go doing this weird storytelling thing again," JoJo shook his head. "And who do y'all be talking to?" DeVante looked around.

Their brothers shared a look. "We're talking to the viewers," K-Ci informed.

"What viewers?"

The two broke the fourth wall with slightly irritated expressions on their faces. "Never mind! Just come over here. We need y'all to help us tell the story of how we got famous!" Dalvin said as JoJo and DeVante hesitantly walked over.

K-Ci started talking again. "Anyway! As I was saying before Dal and I got interrupted by our airhead brothers," he rolled his eyes, "It was a cool day in....well I don't remember the day or date but this is what happened."

the flashback...

"I really don't see how people can actually enjoy these dry ass biscuits," Tanai knocked her Popeyes biscuit on the table before playfully beaming it at K-Ci, which he dodged.

"Don't be throwing them hard ass things at me! Barely even food, more like weapons!"

DeVante threw a balled up napkin at Dalvin's face. "Go throw our trash out."

His brother scrunched his face up but collected everyone's trash and took it over to the trash can nonetheless. On his way back, an attractive girl walking with a group of friends caught his eye.

"Now you know you way too fine to be carrying ya' own bags," he took the four shopping bags out her hands. "Dalvin."

The girl smiled. "Thanks, and I'm Sydney."