S5 EP 3 ! "I Wanna Be Your Man"

season 5, episode 3

"I Wanna Be Your Man"

K-Ci quickly hustled behind Mary J. Blige who ignored him while trying to get away from him.

"Mary! Mary! I know you hear me callin' you, girl! Slow down!"

Mary finally stopped in her tracks, turning around to face him. "What do you want, K-Ci? Don't you gotta go on stage in like two minutes?"

"Well yeah, but I wanted to talk to you first!" K-Ci caught his breath. "Let me take you on a date."

Mary scoffed. "Tuh! No."

"And why not?"

"I let you take me out three times before and every time we went out to dinner, yo' black ass left me stranded with the check!" Mary stepped closer to him, pointing her red acrylic in his face.

"Aight, aight!" K-Ci put both hands up. "Give me another chance."

"Okay. I'll ask you one simple question and if you get it right, I'll let you take me on another date," Mary settled. "What does the J in my name stand for?"

"That's easy. John!" K-Ci stupidly answered.

Mary rolled her eyes and began to walk away from him, only causing him to follow after her again.

"Aye, Mary! Come back! I was only jokin'! I know it's Jane!"

"How do mermaids have sex?" Tanai engaged in an idiotic conversation with Dalvin as the two strolled alongside each other backstage.

"I don't know. I was wondering the same thing but about turtles," he shrugged, softly rubbing his forehead afterwards. "My head still hurts from when Sabrina clocked me with her tacky ass shoe. Thanks for scrappin' with her for me."

Tanai laughed slightly, going into one of the coolers and grabbing a cold water bottle. "It's cool. I ain't like her ass no way."

"Nai, you don't understand," Dalvin shook his head, going into a little rant. "I ain't know what was gon' happen to me while I was locked up in that warehouse. Why do the black females have to come for the black men? Ain't we supposed to stand together as a nation? It's whatever though, luckily they ain't do too much damage to me and I'm still standing here unharmed so I'm grateful for that. You know what? I think imma stay away from females for a while. Yeah, that's what I'm gon' do cause y'all ain't nothing but trouble."

Tanai mentally clocked out, drinking from the water bottle. "Mmhm, that's good for you Dal."

Ironically, loud laughter was then heard close by the area. Dalvin snapped his head over to where he heard it, staring at the sight in awe. There was a girl—she had to be an inch or two over five feet, had acne-free skin, and had a set of bright pearly whites that could be seen from afar.

Forgetting everything he just said about staying away from women, Dalvin yanked Tanai over to him, damn near making her choke on her water. "Yo, who's that fine girl over there? She looks familiar."