S5 EP 14 ! "Isn't She Lovely?"

season 5, episode 14

"Isn't She Lovely?"

The boys were currently at a meet and greet event thrown together by the staff at Uptown Records. The event was going to be over in a few minutes and all the other celebrities had gone elsewhere, but K-Ci was still entertaining the fans, loving the attention he was getting from these two girls.

"K-Ci! K-Ci! We love your accent! Say it again!" One of the girls spoke loudly.

"Norf Currlina."

"When you gon' drop your solo album?" The other girl asked. "You're clearly the real star of the group!"

K-Ci cockly chuckled but before he could respond, a woman cradling a baby girl on her left hip stood close behind him. She waited a few seconds before deciding to make her presence known. "Excuse me!" She tapped his shoulder.

He turned around and smirked. "Wassup baby, how you doin'? You want an autograph or sumn'?"

"I don't want no damn autograph!" The woman scrunched her face up.

At this point, the two fans had walked off and K-Ci eyed her for a moment, "Do I know you from somewhere...? You look familiar."

"Mmhm. Monique," She stated her name. "We've met before. In Atlanta."

"Not ringing any bells." K-Ci shrugged. "Sorry."

Monique rolled her eyes, growing irritated. "Look! All you need to understand is that this—" she glanced at the baby in her arms, "is your daughter!"

The two stared at each other before K-Ci fainted five seconds later.

Monique was careful not to drop her baby as she crouched down to take a $50 dollar bill out of K-Ci's wallet. She slipped it back in his pocket before standing up straight, kicking him a couple times. "Wake yo' punk ass up!"

"Hell you mean this my daughter?" K-Ci stumbled to his feet.

"Just what I said, this is yo' daughter!" Monique yelled before explaining further. "Jodeci was staying in Atlanta and you came over to me, and we had a cool lil' flirty conversation. We ended up sleeping together later that night, six times in one hour!"

"Not to offend you or nothin'," K-Ci put his hands up, "But how do you know she's mine?"

"Look at her!" Monique said causing K-Ci to avert his attention to the baby and taking notice that she definitely did seem to have some of his features.

"She got yo' eyelashes, nose, head shape, and I know she's yours cause every time she cry, she hit a riff!"

Monique's friend walked over with a baby bag. "Girl, if you don't hurry up! I'm tryna make it to the concert on time!"

Monique took the bag from her friend before passing it, along with the baby, to K-Ci. "Her name is Kennedy Charmaine Webb-Hailey and she's eight months! I'll be goin' to see Dr Dre perform, but you have fun spendin' time with ya' daughter!" She waved before walking off with her friend.