S4 EP 3 ! "Movin' on In"

season 4, episode 3

"Movin' on In"

"Okay, I'm leaving now." Tanai grabbed her army green bomber jacket and began to slip it on.

DeVante quickly blocked her way and stood in front of the door. "You ain't goin' nowhere."

"Boy, if you don't move from out my way. I've stayed here a whole week, I gotta go home eventually."

"But if you leave now, then I won't be able to tell you what I was gonna tell you."

"And what's that?"

"I love you."

"Awwwww, I love you too."

K-Ci scrunched his face up as he watched from the kitchen. "Y'all gon' make me throw up in this cream of wheat if y'all don't stop!"

Dalvin came downstairs and grabbed an apple before biting into it. "Why don't you just move in, Nai?"

"That's a good idea," DeVante agreed as Tanai scratched her head. "I don't know. Y'all sure y'all would be okay with me moving in? I wouldn't wanna impose."

"You ain't gon' impose. You like family," K-Ci told her.

"Okay, looks like I'll be moving in then."

"Bet, let us know when you're ready and we'll help you with the boxes and allat," Dalvin put a spoon full of cream of wheat in his mouth and cringed right after. "Ewww! I hate banana maple!" He spit the hot cereal back into K-Ci's bowl before going elsewhere with his apple.

K-Ci dropped one of the heavy boxes on the couch before panting dramatically. "What you got in all these damn boxes?"

"My clothes, my shoes, my perfume collection, framed photos, hair products, and some other things I needed." Tanai replied. "It's not really that much."

Dalvin picked up one of the boxes and began to make his way up the stairs, "Y'all can never call me extra again!"

"Tanai," JoJo walked in. "Did you really need to pack a box full of snacks?"

"Yes!" She reached for a box of cheez-its only to discover that they were empty. "Who the hell ate my cheez-its?"

K-Ci, JoJo, and DeVante shared a look. "Dalvin!" They lied simultaneously.

Speaking of Dalvin, he was standing in the spacious bedroom looking around in slight confusion.

"Quick question," he stated once everyone else made their way upstairs. "So my clothes are no longer in the closet and my bed is gone......where the hell did my stuff go?"

"In the basement," DeVante responded. Dalvin was taken aback, "The basement?"

DeVante nodded. "Yeah. Since Nai's gonna be livin' with us now she's gonna stay in here with me, so you stay in the basement."

"And you owe me another box of cheez-its!" She threw the empty box at Dalvin.

"Hurry the hell up, Nai! You been in there forever and I gotta take a leak!" K-Ci loudly banged on the bathroom door.

"Wait a minute! I'm almost done!"

"You been saying that for the past five minutes! I'm coming in!"

"No!"

K-Ci ignored Tanai and barged into the bathroom, swinging the door open aggressively which resulted in the hot straightening iron she held to burn her forehead.

"Look what you made me do!"

K-Ci shrugged carelessly. "I told you to hurry up."

Days had passed and it was the middle of the night. K-Ci went downstairs to get a bottle of water and as he started to make his way back to his bedroom, he noticed Dalvin staring at him from the couch in the dark.

"What you doin' up here? Ain't you supposed to be in the basement?" K-Ci twisted the cap off the bottle before taking a sip.

Dalvin turned the lamp on. "It was cold, lonely, and dark so I decided to come up here.......plus, I saw a spider down there."

"Why didn't you kill it..?"

"Because I—don't worry about it!"

"Anyway," K-Ci changed the subject. "I'm tryna get used to Nai staying with us now but it's nerve wracking. She takes way too long in the bathroom and I can't bring any girls over here cause then they'll start trippin' when they smell another woman's perfume."

Dalvin adjusted his pillows before agreeing. "I thought I was the only one struggling with getting used to the new adjustments! Ion like staying in the basement and Nai keeps forcing me to buy her snacks, talkin' 'bout I ate her other ones—which I didn't."

"Uhh...anyway," K-Ci scratched his head. "We gotta do something about this." He sat down on the couch's armrest. The two of them pondered in silence for a few seconds before Dalvin leaped up.

"I just got an idea! You'll have to wait and see though."

"It better not be nothing stupid."

Dalvin scoffed. "I never do nothing stupid."

"Y'all!" JoJo called out. "The neighbor's house is on fire!"

Everybody raced out the house and watched as fire trucks pulled up to the block while firefighters wasted no time on trying to put the fire out.

"This did not go the way I planned," Dalvin said to himself. "What you mean?" K-Ci inquired.

"I accidentally set the neighbor's house on fire." Dalvin replied nonchalantly as K-Ci stared at him. "Why would you set the neighbor's house on fire?!"

"I was tryin' to set our house on fire!" Dalvin threw his hands up.

"Why would you set our house on fire?!" K-Ci yelled.

"I don't know! I figured if our house burned down then Tanai would have to leave!"

"What?" Tanai snapped her head over at the two as K-Ci shook his head. "I hate this imbecile."

"Yeah, K and I didn't know how to manage with you stayin' with us but we'll get used to it, you can stay!" Dalvin clarified as Tanai, K-Ci, DeVante, & JoJo stared at him like he was dumb....which is factual.

He started walking toward the burning house. "I'm gonna go apologize to the neighbor.....if they're still alive."

quick & boring chapter. I'm just glad I got it done cause I struggled with working on it for some reason lmfaoo but the next one will definitely be longer.