C4 - PART 25 - THE QUEEN's ILLNESS

Please read the DISCLAIMER before reading the story.

DO NOT REPOST THIS STORY AT ANYWHERE! Thanks!

MY EVIL PRINCESS: Chapter 4: The mystery in the royal city

PART 25 - THE QUEEN's ILLNESS

-Hou Lei, I want to ask you a question? - Tian Liam said. - Do you accept to marry me?

-Well, as I said, it's the fate, I can't hide from it, but I want you to do something for me before, during and after the wedding!

-Okay, but is it too much as a long period?

-No, it's very simple. First, before the wedding, don't meet me much, I think that is a tradition of your Main Land people. Second, during the wedding day, don't drink too much, it's not good for your health, and I don't want you to do husband and wife's work that night. I need more time to accept what happens now, and I want to define if I really love you or not. Third, don't touch me too much, although I will be your wife, it's not comfortable for me when being touched by others and of course, no sex until everything's clear.

-The first and second are very easy, but the third, I don't want to disrespect you. However, people will talk behind us when you don't let me touch you in public, I assure it will be as less as I can in our private time. I'll wait until the day you accept my love.

"You will never get that day, Tian Liam, sorry for lying to you. I will do some bad things for the Emperor and your family. After those things happen, you will never accept me or love me like now. Things will change, and so do the people. You will definitely meet someone for you, loving you much and better than me.", her eyes started to be sparkly.

-Hou Lei, are you okay? - He asked. - Your eyes look sparkly.

-I'm okay. - She used her hand to prevent the tears from falling. - I feel tired. I need to take a rest.

-Okay, just take care of yourself, I'll leave now. See you tomorrow!

He stood up and asked Ah Jiang to help him clean the table. Hou Lei got in her room, closed the door and sat on a chair. She had a mess in her mind, he seemed to be a good man, she did not want to hurt him, but she had to get closer to the Emperor and need time for investigating about the Hou magical gem and the Book of Hou Ma tribe.

The next day, everything seemed to be normal. Hou Lei changed her clothes and prepared to go to greet the Queen. She came to the South palace. When she got into the main room of the palace, the Queen was sitting there, smiled with her.

 When she got into the main room of the palace, the Queen was sitting there, smiled with her

-My girl, you're here, get a sit!

-My Queen. - She greeted her. - How do you feel today?

-Well, a little bit tired, but I'm still okay.

-You feel tired? Have you called the royal doctor to have an examination?

-Don't need, I still... - The Queen paused and held her head.

Then she fell down to the table. Hou Lei run closer to catch her.

-Call the royal doctor, now! - She shouted.

After a while, the doctor came and felt the pulse of the Queen. He tried many times and shook his head.

-I'm sorry, My Emperor, My Princess. I can't find out what's the problem with the Queen!

-How dare you to say that? You have more than 30 years of experience as a doctor in this palace. - He turned to the sentries. - Call all the doctors in the palace and the royal city, also, I will award the one who can treat well for the Queen.

Many doctors were called to the South palace, with many kinds of treatment and examination. However, all of them did not know what kind of sick the Queen had got. It seemed to be a strange sickness they had never met before.

Tian Liam was very worried about the bad status of the Queen. Hou Lei also got worried, she made a teapot for him, sat down beside him.

-Tian Liam, get some tea, you're very tired today.

-I don't want to drink! - He shouted at her.

-I know, your mother is in a bad sickness, but who will take care of her if you get sick too. - She gently answered his shout and prepared to go.

-Hou Lei. - He held her hand. - I'm sorry, I'm just too worried about my mother!

-I understand, I'm worried too, but you know, in this period, we must be cautious. The doctors don't know what the Queen meets now, we don't know if all the doctors are good, or some of them have bad ideas about the Queen, they will make harm to the Queen.

-I know. - He drank some tea. - Thank you, your tea makes me feel better.

-I made some to the Emperor too, I'll get them for you to take to his place. - She said. - Just sit here, wait a minute.

She brought out another teapot on a tray and handed it to Tian Liam. He felt warm that he really needed someone like her in this period. Someone who knew how to comfort others, and concerned about others' feeling, understood their situations.

That night, Hou Lei did not feel good about the Queen. She went to the Queen's room and asked the sentries to let her in. She got into the room silently, came closer to the Queen's bed. She raised her hands up and made some moves with a spell. That spell could help her to recognize if there was some sign of dark magic on the Queen's body. There was no sign of magic, Hou Lei put her hand on the Queen's hand and got her sensitive power to make its move. Her eyes widened with what she was feeling. She then tried it again to confirm the result.

The next morning, she came to Tian Liam's room very early and knocked on the door. Tian Liam opened the door with a not good face.

-Hou Lei, why you come so early? - His voice was weak.

-Tian Liam, are you okay? You look not good.

-I... - he paused. - Feel a little bit tired.

-I have something important want to let you know.

-Okay, get in, sorry I haven't changed my clothes.

-You can do it later, this is more important.

She held his hand and pulled him into his room, closed the door and carefully watched out if there was someone watching them. She poured a cup of tea for him.

-I know this is very strange for you, but please, believe me.

-I've never seen you like this, so nervous. - He drank the cup. - Have you done something bad?

-No, don't joke this moment, I know what exactly the disease the Queen got.

-Do you know? - He widened his eyes. - How could you know?

-You don't need to know, I had a period learning about medicines, I have felt the pulse of your mother last night, she wasn't got the ill or something like that. She was on a dream journey.

-A dream journey? - He surprised.

-Yup, this medicine will make the one who ate falling into a deep sleep and having some dreams, they will feel good in the dream and don't want to get up. That's the reason the Queen's health is still good because she only sleeps in the last two days.

-This is the first time I heard something like that. So how we can help my mother?

To be continued...