C3 - PART 19 - THE LANTERN FESTIVAL

Please read the DISCLAIMER before reading the story.

DO NOT REPOST THIS STORY AT ANYWHERE! Thanks!

MY EVIL PRINCESS: Chapter 3: Who would be her husband?

PART 19 – THE LANTERN FESTIVAL

Some days later, there was a full moon night and people were celebrating the lantern festival. The royal city was full of people on each road. It was decorated with many colorful lanterns, but inside the Palace, there was only a cold atmosphere. Ah Jiang knocked on the door:

-My Princess, do you want to go to the lantern festival?

-Lantern festival? What do people do there? – She opened the door for Ah Jiang.

-People decorate the road with lanterns, My Princess, they also float some lanterns on the river to wish for happiness and lucky. The couple will have their sweet moment together watching the beautiful road, tasting some special cakes and hand in hand walking around.

-Wow, that's so exciting. I think I should go there, I will ask the Queen for her approval.

-The Queen is coming! – A sentry announced.

-My Queen! – Hou Lei and Ah Jiang greeted her.

The Queen got into Hou Lei's room, she smiled gently.

-Hou Lei, do you know today is the lantern festival day?

-Yes, Ah Jiang has just told me. – Hou Lei answered.

-Well, I know from the time you got here till now, you were just around the Palace. I think this should be a chance for you to know more about Main Land people. – The Queen said. – So, let change your dress and go out for a night.

-You allow me to join the festival? – Hou Lei asked with excitement.

-Of course, but be careful, there are many people at the festival. They can do bad things to you, anyway, don't worry, I've asked the Soldier General, he will go with you. Actually, I want Tian Liam to go with you, but I couldn't find him.

-Thank you so much, My Queen!

-Arh, Arh,... you'll soon to be my daughter-in-law, just need to call "Mother".

-Thanks, Mother! – She smiled. – Ah Jiang, let change clothes.

Hou Lei changed a simple green dress, she did not want to take attraction from people and wanted to be comfortable as herself than a Princess. However, she could not hide her beautiful within any dresses. Ah Jiang and the General also wore simple clothes. They went out of the Palace by a horse wagon. After a while, they stopped in front of a crowded road.

Hou Lei got out of the horse wagon and admired the magnificent scene in front of her eyes

Hou Lei got out of the horse wagon and admired the magnificent scene in front of her eyes. The moonlight seemed to be out of the place, replaced by the bright lights of multiple kinds of lanterns. People dressed very beautiful and watched the scene with joy. She ran to look closer to each lantern, she had never seen much of them like this, especially, each one was different from the other one. There were many people selling many kinds of cakes and candies. The General asked her: