HOW TO: Historical time periods

1600's: most witch hunts ended this century, no witches were burned in North America, they were hanged or one one case pressed to death.

1700's: the American Revolution. Marie Antoinette, the French Revolution. The crazy King George. Most pirate movies.

1800-1830: Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice! Those dresses where the waist is right under one's boobs and men have a crap tonne of facial hair inside high collars.

1830-1890: Victorian. Les miserables at the beginning, the Civil War is in the middle and Dracula is at the end.

1900-1920: Edwardian. Titanic, WW1, the Samantha books from American Girl, Art Nouveau.

1920's: Great Gatsby, Jazz age. Flappers and all that, most people get this right but IT IS NOT VICTORIAN. STUFF FROM THIS ERA IS NOT VICTORIAN. DO NOT CALL IT VICTORIAN OR LIST IT ON EBAY AS VICTORIAN. THAT HAPPENS SURPRISINGLY OFTEN GIVEN HOW STAGGERING THE VISUAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ERAS IS.

I just saw people referencing witch burning and Marie Antoinette on a post about something in 1878, when there were like trains and flushing toilets and early plastic and stuff. If you guys learn nothing else about history, you should at least have vague mental images of each era.