Chapter 20: As Red As RedVelvet (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

We even got red confetti. That was all on Zoey. She's a huge fan of such. She reminded me of the old days when we used to make confetti out of cut out paper and put glitter on them. She really liked glitter. She still does, though she seems not to show it sometimes.

Mike was lucky enough to even find an all red piñata. I raised an eyebrow but didn't ask any questions.

"You don't seem pleased that I found a piñata," said Mike.

"Oh, I'm scared for Lee," I said. "She's really going to faint when she sees we actually found one. We aren't Mexican, you know?"

"No, but it will be good to have a good sense of mixed culture."

"That I agree. You can put the piñata in the trolley."

Mike did just that and went off into another aisle to see what other supplies he could get. I was the one slowly pushing the trolley and looking around as well.

Christine came to me with red party hats.

"How many are in each packet?" I asked.

"Ten," Christine answered. "Just got some more just in case."

"In case what?"

"In case some get to spoil their party hats. Especially the boys."

"You're right," I said. "I've no doubt Seungri and Seunghoon will do so."

I felt my phone beep in my purse and when I retrieved it, I found Lee was calling.

"Lee is calling," I said.

"I'll go check for more supplies," said Christine as she disappeared down an aisle.

"You guys just never stop surprising me," said Lee immediately I answered her call. "I was just in the middle of a pedicure when Collins called telling me that you're throwing a party."

"Ya, we are," I said.

"All I wanted was for you to go and have a normal fun time with BigBang. Not decide to throw a party out of the blue because you wanted to."

"If I told you what really happened, you're going to have a huge laugh," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Don't tell me, save if for after the party. I called to ask if you need anything or else if I don't help, Collins might just fire me."

"You know he wouldn't." I thought for a moment. "In fact, you can help us, Lee. And it will be the easiest thing to do because you don't need to move out of that beauty salon at all."

"There is no way that can happen." I could already imagine Lee making a corky smile and shaking her head.

"We need food and snacks for the party. Just enough to carter twenty to twenty-five people. It shouldn't be all that fancy."

"Okay, I know of a catering business around."

"Can they prepare something in two hours? The party's at twelve."

"Sure they can. It's not one of those massive dinner parties so you need some light food and snacks. They might have something in store for a regular party. I'll call them."

"Ya, you do that."

Lee paused for a moment. "You're right. I don't have to move out of here at all."

"Told you. Tell me if they agree to do so."

"Okay. Am I invited to the party?"

"Of course you are. You're no stranger. Just one thing though. Come dressed in red."