Ch.65 Elite Disciple

Start from the beginning

"Believe in them. The strength of these flowers that have grown this much in foreign soil as well as your own strength who has nurtured them until now."

Who the hell is tallking? Have I really gone off the deep end this quickly? I'm not trying to become Senua.

Mav: Um, mysterious voice, how does one believe in flowers that are already dead?

"You can sense them, can you? The sacred flowers that want to save their tiny friends. Feel their energy. Feel the laws of the world and believe."

Well I had no better options so I guess this is my only shot. I knelt down next to the adjacent flower bed and placed my hand on one of the leaves. Alright flowers, help a guy out. I closed my eyes and concentrated on what that voice said. I heard a noise and I opened my eyes seeing lights fill into the air and crash down into my flower bed. From there, I saw the previously dead flowers slowly rise back up to living healthy. Holy shit it actually worked?! Thanks mysterious voice.

......

I approached the edge of the forest and saw my disciple Mav staring into the forest, his hands were on top of the hilt. He turned towards me and smiled. 

Mav: Nice to see you again Liena.

Liena: You as well, Mav. So what did you bring me out here for?

Mav: Follow me, if you dare.

Mav smirked at me and entered the forest as I followed behind him. After walking through the forest for about fifteen minutes, we reached a clearing as Mav stopped and drew his blade as it glimmered in the night sky. He faced me and pointed his blade at me.

Mav: I challenge you to a duel Liena. This time, I shall show you what I can truly do.

I was surprised by Mav but I felt excited. I smiled and drew my blade. This was finally my chance to see his skills firsthand. 

Liena: I humbly accept you duel. Stop short right?

Mav: Yeah. Show me everything you've got.

I nodded as Mav got into a stance that I didn't see during the duel. His blade glowed blue as his face went from the jokester one I always see to the same one he had when he fought Volo. I got into my combat stance feeling the adrenaline pumping throughout my body. I've never felt like this before but it felt amazing. I didn't even realize there was a smile that was creeping up on my face. Mav noticed this and ended up smiling as well. We stared each other down as everything went still and quiet until I broke it dashing towards Mav.

.....

The following day Liena ended up winning her match against Volo during the final exam match. Having her graduate at the top of her class. I could've sworn she used some of my moves but she won't tell. I gave her the flowers and she loved them so that was big win. After Eugeo and I's Advancement Exam, we got ranked five and six and we became Elite Disicples.

April 10,380 in the time of the realm of humanity

Tiese: Report! Elite Disciple Eugeo! I have finished today's cleaning.

Eugeo: You're free to go back to your dorm room now. And um....sorry Ronnie. I've told him numerous times to be back before you're done cleaning the room but all he says is "Okay dad".

Ronnie: Oh, n-no! My duty as a page only ends when I've made my report!

Eugeo: I can get you a new mentor if you want. It's gonna be a long year with Mav as your mentor.

Mav: Hey, you talking that smack?

Everyone turned towards the door seeing Mav leaning against the doorframe in his red Elite Disciple uniform. Mav began skipping out one of his morning routines to which his h/c hair started to grow out. 

Ronnie: Elite Disciple Mav, alow me to report! I have finished today's cleaning.

Mav: Excellent.

Eugeo: Mav, please try to be on time. These two are much busier than us and I don't want them to get in trouble with Ms. Azurica for being late.

Mav: Sorry I was at my poker game from over on East Third Street. Girls, let me know if you ever need tips on Poker. I can easily bankrupt these guys. 

Ronnie & Tiese: Yes!

Eugeo: Please don't teach them things they don't need to know...

Mav: But I use this currency for a good cause like these two bags of delicious honey pies.

Eugeo:?!

Mav handed one of the pies to Eugeo and took one out himself before handing the second bag to Tiese.

Mav: I'd say to be sure to share with your other roommates but I'm not that kind of person. As long as you two share with each other, you can hog it all to yourselves.

Ronnie: Th-thank you! Elite Disicple Mav!

Tiese: To ensure that the goods don't decrease, we will now return to our dorm at top speed!

Ronnie and Tiese turned around and practically disappeared by how fast they went. Mav chuckled as Eugeo smirked.

Mav: What?

Eugeo: You haven't forgotten why were here, right?

Mav: Course not.

Mav looked out the window as Eugeo did as well.

Eugeo: Were not far now huh?

Mav: Nope. We're going forward.

Eugeo: Relentlessly.