chapter 23: strong

Start from the beginning

Then Zubin began strumming his guitar. "Crystal, what's your favorite song of Shawns?"

Eyes turned to Crystal as they curiously waited for an answer. Shawn peered at her, also curious.

"I really love Like To Be You." She said causing everyone to smile.

Zubin took note of the request and played the song on the guitar.

Shawn started off the song and they all joined in somewhere in the middle. The band instinctively found their own ways to make music. Brian was lightly beatboxing, Dave drummed against his lap, and Teddy was humming the backing vocals.

It sounded really beautiful that Crystal had to pull out her phone and post it on her instagram story.

On the female solo part, they all suddenly stopped and turned to Crystal—encouraging her to sing.

She obliged and shyly sang. Shawn pulled her closer to him and even kissed her cheek that made her blush.

They sang a couple more songs, almost forgetting that they'd be thousands of miles apart by the morning.

They talked some more as they stared at the fire. The also ate s'mores until they all decided it was time to go inside.

"Stay here? I'll be right back." Shawn suddenly got up.

Crystal had no chance to ask him where he's going because he had already disappeared back in the house.

"Crystal?" Teddy's voice spoke from a farther side of the bonfire.

"Hmm?" Crystal turned to her and smiled.

"You make him really happy you know—Shawn."

Her heart warmed and she looked around seeing the other guys nod in agreement.

"He's wrote about 20 new songs. He didn't want to admit it but we think they're all about you." Teddy continued.

"Really?" She smiled so wide it made her cheeks hurt.

Teddy nodded. Before they could talk about anything else, Shawn reappeared by the glass door that separated the indoor from the outdoor.

As he walked over to her, everyone else got up to head to bed. They bid each other goodbye's.

"Come with me." Shawn whispered in her ear while he wrapped an arm behind her.

"What is it now, Mendes?" Crystal shook her head but followed his lead.

He led them to their bedroom's bathroom.

"Shawn Mendes!" Crystal gasped at the sight when she walked in.

The bathroom lights were closed but the scattered candles dimly lit the room. The bath was filled with water and rose petals floated on the water. Two champagne-filled flutes accompanied by a champagne bottle were set at by the tub.

Crystal turned to Shawn and hit him on the arm.

"Ow, what the heck?!" Shawn rubbed his arm. He did not expect for her to hit him!

"You little romantic! You're making me cry!" Indeed there were tears glossing her eyes when Shawn looked at them.

"Baby, why are you crying?" Shawn was worried for a second so he pulled her in for a hug.

"You're just so sweet!" Shawn laughed as she brushed away the emotional tears.

"Well are we just going to stand here or what?" Shawn said, already pulling his shirt over his head.