39 - Suddenly Everyone Disappears and Now its Just Us

Start from the beginning

His eyes then followed where she seemed to be aiming, and he saw the little box.

Her fifth bullet was gone now, and so her game ended. (Name) placed her gun down and smiled wistfully, looking at the box.

"Yep. I definitely sucked at this. Lets.. Go?" she trailed off, finally noticing that Sousuje hadn't fired any of his bullets, and was aiming his first one.

"Give me a minute," he muttered, a slight smile playing on his lips.

(Name) nodded and silently watched him. It looked like he was aiming at the same general direction as she did.

His first shot hit the plushie right beside the box. Unfortunately, the conditions for winning the game, and thus the reward, is to make the object fall over.

Sousuke took a deep breath and tried to calm himself. It really had been years since he last played, so its only natural that he got rusty at it. Still, he really wanted to win it for her.

The second and third bullet missed again, but he was surely getting closer to his target. Two chances left.

This time, he tried to steady his breathing and let the muzzle of his gun point steadily at the little box.

Aiming carefully, Sousuke pulled the trigger. The bullet only barely grazed the top of the box, so just a little lower. One last chance.

He aimed once again, and with his final bullet, the box toppled over.

"Congratulations," the guy said, handing Sousuke the box, "thank you for coming and have a pleasant night."

"Wow you're really good!" (Name) looked up at him, her eyes sparkling. This elicited a chuckle from the swimmer.

"I got rusty over the years but I guess I haven't lost my touch."

Sousuke opened the box and took out its contents. The bracelet felt so light and fragile in his big hands, with a silver star shaped pendant on it. He turned to (Name) and gave her a smile as he took her hand.

As soon as his hand came in contact with hers, (Name) froze. Was he going to...

Sousuke gently fastened the bracelet on her wrist, letting the star pendant freely swing when he was done. For a moment. His hand lingered on hers, rough calloused ones on nimble fingers, as he admired the sight of her wearing it.

"Um.. I.. Uhh...." At this point, (Name) was a blushing and stuttering mess, "T-t-thank you, Sou."

He gave her hand a squeeze, "you're welcome."

They stood acing each other for a while longer. Gazing at each other. Before Sousuke cleared his throat and looked away.

All too soon after that, the warmth of his hand left hers. She pulled her hand back, skin still tingling from his touch.

"W-well then.. Shall we go?" He asked. Sousuke was facing away from (Name). He knew very well that his face was probably flushed, judging by how hot his cheeks felt even to him.

"Yeah... The fireworks will start soon." (Name) admired the bracelet which now encircled her wrist. Her fingers trailed lightly over the pendant.

(Name) never told anyone, but when she was younger, her mother gave her a star pendant, but the difference is, it was worn as a necklace. Because you're a star, shining brightly, an inspiration to others, she had said

Surely, as she grew up, she did become a star. Starting out with a small faint glow to a now pulsating light. A young singer from Tokyo.

The feeling of melancholy and nostalgia did not last for long once she remembered that she would have to be honest and tell Sousuke the whole truth.

She would have to tell him. Tonight.

(。’▽’。)♡(๑-﹏-๑)

- Author's Notes -

I AM VERY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE AAAAAAAAAAAA

I had to rush multiple assignments because im going to Singapore today with my university immersion trip program and i had just packed everything last night (ealry morning actually lol), and was too tired to write anyth that i simply collapsed to bed and slept (for about 4 hours HAHAHA).

Okay I'll make sure to get these dorks to confess at chapter 41 latest because this has dragged on long enough and I WANT TO MOVE ON TO THE NEXT AND FINAL ARC

I feel like this ch lacks feels or maybe im just tired idk aaaaa eitherway, i apologize :')))

Anyway, I will be posting pictures and videos of my journey in Singapore on my art account instagram story, username roschea.arts so if you're interested, and wanted to see how my trip went, you are welcome to check it out (shameless self promotion mwehehe)

Oh and the lecturer that comes with us is my illustration lecturer, who looks and acts like Aizawa Shota from Boku no Hero Academia HAHAHAHAHA i'll try to sneak a picture of him if possible, he's camera shy so yeaaa:')

Alright i'll stop now. Plane will land soon and I plan to post this once I'm in my hotel room. I hope everyone have a great week ahead! Oh and for those having mid term exams, good luck!

 I hope everyone have a great week ahead! Oh and for those having mid term exams, good luck!

Now i wonder why i introduce Rin's cousin Keitsu.. Hmmmmmm.. Find out more in Azure Beats uwu