13 - We Got the Other Exit This Time

Saturday came all too soon and it was time for the sectionals competition. Gou was sure everyone would pass sectionals, everyone trained very hard for this, and she wanted to see them win. She looked at the lineup, and sighed in relief when she saw that her brother and Haru will be competing in different heats. They both can advance to Regionals then.

(Name) sat beside Gou and Ama-sensei, who were on the left of Nagisa, Haru, and Rei. Gou noticed that (Name) kept glancing towards the Samezuka seats. It was already packed and (Name) seemed to be looking for someone. Was it Sousuke?

Her suspicions were confirmed when she noticed Sousuke looked right at (Name) and smirked, while (Name) immediately looked down and blushed. So they both do have a thing for each other, Gou snickered, earning herself a weird look from (Name), whose cheeks were still flushed pink.

Looking down towards the pool, Gou saw that Makoto was getting ready to jump into the water (Oh those glorious muscles). She stood up and smiled at him, knowing he can win this. Gou was sure that the training will pay off, despite the fact that he had to split his focus between helping (Name) and the competition.

She and everyone from team Iwatobi cheered him on, their voices louder as Makoto pulled ahead of everyone else and touched the wall, earning himself a flashing number 1 in front of Iwatobi High on the score board. Everyone cheered and Nagisa went to get ready for his part.

It was no surprise when everyone won on that day. Being in different heats made it possible for them to swim together again in Sectionals, and they were looking forward to it. But first, the relay race will be held on the next day. Ama-sensei had left immediately after congratulating the boys, saying she needed to grab some documents from school.

(Name) looked around, hoping to see the tall figure of Sousuke. He was not hard to spot, since he towered over almost everyone. When he caught her eye, he nudged Rin and walked over to the Iwatobi group with him. Momo and Nitori seemed to notive both upperclassmen walk away from their bunch so they followed too, Momo eyeing Gou and relishing in her cuteness, while Nitori was there to (try) keep him in line.

"Great work, everyone!" Rin grinned, flashing his shark-like teeth.

Sousuke smiled along with him, ignoring Haru's silent glare. He looked down at (Name), who was standing beside him, and smiled at her. "Told you I'll win," he smirked.

(Name) chuckled and looked away, "its no surprise. You are really good at this after all."

"Hey guys! Wanna get some late lunch?" Nagisa proposed, to which was met by an eager nod from Momo. He wanted to spend more and more time with Gou.

Rei pushed up his glasses "The competition ended half an hour past event time so we might as well go for the 2 pm discount-"

"Wait what?!"

(Name)'s sudden outburst caused everyone in the group to look at her, as she took out her phone and checked the time, eyes widening when she saw the time. I'm late.

"Uhh, sorry guys," she said sheepishly, slipping her phone into her bag and turning to run, "I have to go ahead and get something done and I am late." She took a few steps away before looking over her shoulder and shouting quickly, "See you around good job everyone!"

Sousuke frowned, kind of down that he would not spend more time with her, but also curious to what she was doing that made her leave in such a rush.

Nagisa, however, was quick to react. "Is anyone else curious to what she is doing?"

His question was met with silence and confused looks, so he continued, "the last time she disappeared, she was spotted with Sousuke- Is she seeing someone else?"