20 - But He is Just a Friend

"We're here!!" Nagisa exclaimed as he jumped off the van and stretched. Ama-sensei had asked a for a favor form coach Goro to drive them all the way to the town of Iwami for the competition, and it had been a tight fit inside for hours.

"The hotel looks great!" Gou got off next, followed by (Name) and she had been really excited for this.

"Now we should go check in before the other schools arrive," Ama-sensei said, before turning to coach Goro to thank him.

Gou grinned at (Name), "you, my friend, will be rooming with me!"

(Name) giggled, "no complaints there. Lets go!"

Team Iwatobi went inside the hotel, lead by Gou, with (Name) in hand and Nagisa closely following. Rei could be heard behind them helping unload the baggage with Haru and Makoto while she shouted at Nagisa to come and help, which ultimately fell on deaf ears.

Ama-sensei and Gou dealt with the check in matters and soon enough, (Name) found herself lugging her overnight bag into her room with Gou. It was decently sized, with two twin sized beds, one beside the window, which Gou immediately claimed.

(Name) set down her bag and went over to the window. Their room ad a beautiful view of the hotel's garden and pool, where (Name) could see Haru, already splashing inside it, swimming happily.

"(Name)," Gou called, making her turn away from the window. Gou was already holding a small sling bag, just enough to fit a purse, phone, and other essential things inside. "We have free time until the competition tomorrow, and I'm sure the boys will be preparing for the competition tomorrow so in other words, we can have more girl time."

"Sure thing!" (Name) hurried to her bed and took out her smaller bag, then she slung it over her shoulder, "We can go shopping, I think there are a bunch of stores we passed close by."

"Great idea! Come on now!" Gou took her by the hand and practically dragged her out of their room.

They took the elevator to get to the lobby, where they plan to go through the main exit closest to their destination. Once the elevator dinged open, (Name) noticed a few changes.

One, the hotel lobby was filled with boys. And two, Samezuka high school swim team have arrived. Which means....

"Brother!" Gou squealed and ran over to Rin, while (Name) trailed closely behind her. She was looking for someone else, however, and her eyes soon found the one person she wanted to see.

Sousuke's height made him easy to spot. Even among other swimmers, he was taller than most of them, like an overgrown tree. When he saw Gou, his eyes also wandered around, looking for a familiar mop of (hair colour) hair. He soon found her trailing behind Gou.

(Name) met his teal gaze and grinned at him, giving him a small wave, to which he waved back with a smile. She went towards him, who was standing a little distance away from Rin. Momo and Nitori were no where to be seen, they were probably somewhere else, either in the bus or hidden in the crowd.

"Hey." Sousuke started.

"Hello, Sousuke, fancy meeting you here," (Name) replied, smiling as she teased him.

"I am supposed to be here," Sousuke ruffled her hair, "its you who seemed to be.... Misplaced."

(Name) laughed, fixing her hair, "I'm here to give out emotional support!"

"We all need that," Sousuke smiled down at her. "Anyway, what do you plan to do today? Its still rather early after all. I'll be with my team thats for sure."

(Name) studied his face. "I'm guessing you and Rin are cool again now?"

"Yeah," Sousuke glanced at Rin, who was still talking to Gou, "Pretty much."