39 - Suddenly Everyone Disappears and Now its Just Us

Start from the beginning

"Momo-kun.." Gou smiled warmly. He isn't so bad, once she looked past his childish behaviours.

"Let me be your company!" he proposed without hesitation.

"B-but what about the others?" Gou asked.

"Everyone seemed to have split up.." Momo scratched his head, "and before I knew it, I was alone until I saw you here."

"O-oh..."

"Well.. Do you want to go look around with me?" Momo asked, this time more quietly, as if afraid of her rejection that he was sure he would get.

Her answer, however, was something that brought a big smile on his face. "Sure, Momo-kun!"

~~~~~

After several times going to different booths to get some snacks, alternating paying, and buying some drinks, one particular booth caught Sousuke's eye.

It brought back memories of those old days where he, Rin and Gou would come together to the festival.

It was the game he and Rin always played as a kid. A shooting game. They would shoot down prizes and give them to Gou, letting her decide who the winner is. Most of the time, he and Rin agreed on aiming for the snacks, because after the game, the three of them would sit down and enjoy their hard esrned snacks as they watched fireworks.

Normally, kids are not allowed to use the guns, even though the bullets are substituted with corks. However, Rin's cousin, a policeman, was the one who held the booth, so they were the special exceptions in the festival.

Due to thus reason, Rin really admired his cousin -Keitsu -and this made him dream of being a policeman for a while, before that dream is then replaced by the dream of being an olympic swimmer. Sousuke would be lying if he say he was not intrested in becoming a policeman along with Rin, but that was in the past.

He watched the booth, hoping to see the familiar mop of maroon hair that matches Rin's with only a few shades darker. However, it was a different guy that stood within the booth. Not that it matters, he was old enough to officially play now anyway.

"(Name)," he gently placed his hand on her shoulder, "come here for a bit."

She looked up at him, but followed after him as he walked towards the shooting booth.

"Ohh! I've always wantd to try this!" (Name) grinned beside him as they both slid their money towards the guy guarding the booth and took positions behind the counter, a gun in each of their hands.

"Fun fact: I used to play this with Rin as kids." Sousuke smirked.

"I wanted to but I was not allowed to.." (Name) hufffed, "I was still too young back then."

"Rin's cousin used to be the one holding these kinda of booths, so he let us play as long as we don't aim the gun at each other. Its a different guy this time though."

"Ehh? Damn you're so lucky.."

(Name) squinted her eyes, scanning the items on display. And deciding which one to shoot for. She would probably suck at this.

But soon enough, she caught sight of a small box containing what seemed to be a bracelet. It was placed somewhere near the right side, and it was surrounded by bugger items, making it hard to hit.

Nevertheless, that did not stop her from aiming at it, and pulling the trigger... Only to miss by a lot.

She giggled, "I'm so bad at this."

Sousuke watched her from the corner of his eyes, smiling slightly to himself. She looked really cute, aiming her gun, looking as if she was concentrating really hard, and then firing it, only to miss.