Chapter 133- It's not my movie

Adam's POV

Mandy was panting.

I felt my face throb in pain. It heated up like crazy and went numb immediately.

It was like the right half of my face was just a lifeless part of me.

Even my eyesight seemed to blur.

Mandy sure knows how to slap an asshole.

Mandy sure knows how to slap me.

I can't believe I said those kinds of stuff.

"I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE FAMOUS. I DON'T CARE IF YOU GOT A THOUSAND PSYCHOTIC FAN GIRLS READY TO KILL ME. I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE MY BOYFRUEND. I love Dylan, okay. Yeah. As my friend! My buddy. F-R-I-E-N-D. Get it?

.

.

I'm a witness to how much he wants this DJ thing and..." Mandy was filled with tears as she wiped her eyes.

I couldn't stand seeing her like this.

I felt the adrenaline drain down and a strong sensation of guilt replaced it.

"Mandy..." I took her hand.

I had to do something.

My whole body was shaking, not from anger, but from guilt, hurt and pity.

"No Adam!" she snatched away her hand from my grip.

"Just- don't talk to me okay?" she backed away from me.

"And before you talk, maybe you should learn to listen first." she added and turned away.

"Mandy!" I called.

She ignored me and ran away.

I stood there, feeling like the big idiot I am.

What did I say?

Why did I say those?

Thinking about it now, it didn't seem to make much sense.

How could I have let anger get the best of me.

The last thing I wanted was Mandy getting hurt. And surprise surprise! I'm the one who got to do that.

I paced the floor, running my hands through my hair in frustration.

What do I do?

What...

I wanted to punch myself or more even, maybe just kill myself.

No.

I have to do something.

So I started to run away from the dark and forest like space and into the open.

It was still the same.

People were dancing, disgustingly grinding each other and some were by the bar cheering nonsensical stuff. People just crowded every corner that it looked like I was drowning in an ocean of drunk and sweaty people. I saw Zedd taking a break by the side while Avicii was playing on the turntable.

How the heck am I gonna find Mandy in this crowd?

I stood on my toes, trying my best to see. I mean, I am tall. But a lot of girls are up on their boyfriend's shoulders so my height wasn't much of an asset really.

Maybe I should try calling her?

Nah.

She's mad. She won't answer me anyways.

I breathed heavily as I felt my world spinning around me.

Suddenly, I spotted a girl run to the reading lounge.

She had the same, long, brown and curled up hair as Mandy's. And she had the same red dress as her. Same height. Same posture.

It must be her.

I felt myself get shot with adrenaline again as I immediately ran to her.

She already entered the lounge.

Must. Get. There.

Suddenly, a tall and fat man bumped into me... really hard. His huge belly almost broke my bones as I fell down on the floor.

"Woah!" he was shocked.

"Looks like I have victimized another guy." He roared with laughter.

Dang, this guy is definitely high on some drugs.

Then he realized that instead of laughing at my pain, he should be helping me. So he stopped and put on a serious face.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry bro." he stuck out his hand to help me up.

No time for that.

I propped myself up with my palms and ran away.

I was already breathless when I reached the lounge.

I opened it a little...

But I heard voices.

Someone's in there?

The voices were too mumbled and quiet for me to make out something.

So I peeked a little.

Then I saw...

Surprise, surprise...

Dylan sitting beside Mandy.

And the worst part is, Dylan had his arm around Mandy and Mandy's head was leaning on his shoulder. They looked so comfortable and snug in each other's arms.

I felt like the whole half of my heart just gradually deteriorate.

I didn't even know what I was feeling at the moment... Jealousy, Anger, Disappointment, Sadness... or just plain hurt.

They looked just like a cute and normal couple you'd see in those movies.

Yeah, just like the movies.

Only... It's not my movie.