Chapter 27- A threat

Finally, after an hour of teases and messing from those two fake angels, they decided to leave... with devious grins on their faces. I wasn't really annoyed, though. It actually felt nice to have a little fun and action at work.

"I'm gonna go take a break, Mrs. Dixon." I peeked into her office and asked for permission.

"Oh go on, dear." she turned around and allowed me.

I usually just take my break outside the cafe; at the bench out back. It's not really dirty and is actually in mint condition, so I use it all the time.

I slouched on the bench and checked my phone. There were three messages.

Hi hun,

My boss's daughter's gonna have a bday

party and he asked if I know someone

who can sing for the party. Guess who

I told him?

Oh you know. haha. :)

~Alice

I smiled at her text. Alice has always been my number one supporter and fan when it comes to my dream of becoming a singer. She's always the one who encourages me to pursue it whenever I think of giving up.

Heyy....

I miss you ♥

How are you doing? I can't wait

to see you later.

I love you.

~Adam

Adam's text made my cheeks flush red and my heart flutter. He really shows so much care and love, even though we just met and just became lovers, I guess. Are we lovers? Like I said, he hasn't actually asked me about that.

I tried to shrug off the thought.

Stay away from Adam. He's

mine.

I can do things unimaginable...

Keep that in mind.

~Unknown

I shivered at the last message. Who could be sending me these? My heart started to beat faster in fright. That's really creepy.

"Hey Mandy." a voice suddenly made me jump.

I looked behind me and saw that it was Dan.

"Did I scare ya?" he laughed.

I let out a sigh of relief and rolled my eyes.

"Sorry to disturb ya, but customers are lining up." he smiled apologetically.

" It's alright, Dan. I'll be there." I smiled.

"Thanks, sport." he smiled widely and closed the door.

I took one last look at my phone.

Who can this be?