Chapter 131- Conflict!

Mandy's POV

"Adam! Wait!" I chased Adam who, because of his impressively long legs, was sprinting away like a giant grasshopper.

I was already out of breath and it looked like he was walking at his normal pace.

"Adam! Please just talk to me." I yelled, hoping he would stop.

Dammit. What the heck is wrong with him?

He gave me a big thumbs up, TWO TIMES. And now, he's running away and being so stubbornly annoying.

"Adam! Just tell me what's wrong." I finally caught up to him and I grabbed his wrist.

He suddenly turned around to face me, pulling away his arm in a snap.

"When were you gonna tell me?" Adam mumbled, looking at me with his blue eyes that seem to flare up as he spoke.

I've never seen Adam like this.

I wanted to curb up into a ball and go into the most corner of a room.

"Tell you what?" I reasoned.

What the heck is he talking about?

"Oh, i don't know Mandy. Does 'You can tell me anything, right?' ring a bell?!" he shouted.

You can tell...

Oh no...

No

No

No

He knows?

"Adam, I..." I searched for the right words.

What do I do???

"No Mandy! Answer my question. When were you gonna tell me?!" he was shaking with anger.

I was quiet.

I don't know what to say.

"Huh? WHEN?! Next week? Next month? Next year? Oh I know. I think it's right after... NEVER?!!" his voice was so powerful that it made me shrink.

"Adam, I didn't tell you because-"

"Because you're too damn insensitive, that's what!" he shouted.

"Look! How the hell are you gonna understand me if you're not listening? You keep asking these damn questions and I DO ANSWER THEM. But you're too busy blocking me off to hear me!" I raised my tone.

Adam put his head down, breathing heavily.

"Ok" he looked at me and suddenly stood straight.

"Tell me, Mandy. Go on. I won't interrupt." he looked at me coldly and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

I hesitated.

"For pete's sake Mandy, we don't have all night!" he rolled his eyes and threw down his arms.

"Ok!" I said, pressured.

"Adam, I didn't tell you he's my manager because I know you hate him. And I DON'T FREAKING KNOW WHY. But yes, you hate him for some reason. And I just don't wanna hurt you. Please understand, Adam!" I pleaded, close to tears.

I stopped, searching for more words but was unsuccessful.

"Well?" he gestured his hand.

"Is that it?" he acted so casual.

He's so cold. I want to just- cry.... I've never seen him like this.

I looked down, preventing tears from escaping my eyes.

"Weeell... My only answer for everything you said is..." he looked at me so casually, but his eyes were so cold.

"I'm not mad that he's your manager. NO... What pisses me off is: First of all, you chose to only tell it to me after I find it out from someone else. And second! Yes, even  I don't know why I hate him so much. BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT I DO. SO WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL WITH HIM? MORE EVEN, WHY THE HECK IS HE YOUR MANAGER??? YOU COULD'VE SAID NO." he walked closer.

"Adam..."

"YOU COULD'VE TOLD HIM, 'I'M SORRY DYLAN, I CAN'T BE WITH YOU RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I HAVE A SITUATION. SO... JUST GO BACK TO ADAM'S MANAGER AND ASK HIM TO GIVE YOU ANOTHER JOB, OKAY?.'" 

"Adam, you don't understand-"

"OR MAYBE, YOU COULD'VE TOLD HIM TO JUST GO BACK TO THAT HELLHOLE TOWN YOU CALL HOME-"

Before I knew it, I heard Adam stop. A big, reddish mark was splashed across his face. His face was tilted 90° to the left and he was left breathing heavily. My  palm was throbbing painfully, like I just clapped a thousand times.

I slapped Adam.

I slapped ADAM... ADAM LAMBERT.

OKAY.. DON'T FREAK OUT MANDY. DON'T LOSE THE MOMENT.

I inhaled deeply.

Then I gave him a cold and intent look.

"You can hurt me. You can talk crap about me. You can beat me up right here, right now." I was shaking with anger.

"But don't you dare!..." I moved closer, making him step back a little.

"Do any of those things to my friends or to the place where I come from. I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE FAMOUS. I DON'T CARE IF YOU GOT A THOUSAND FAN GIRLS READY TO PSYCHOTICALLY KILL ME AT ANY SECOND. I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE MY BOYFRIEND." I was transmitting all my anger through my eyes and my mouth.

"I love Dylan, okay? Yeah. AS MY FRIEND! MY BUDDY! MY F-R-I-E-N-D. Get it? AND HE NEEDS THIS JOB DESPERATELY." I started to sob.

Why am I crying now???

"And..." I sniffed. "I CAN'T JUST SAY NO BECAUSE... HE NEEDS THIS FOR HIS DREAM. And I was a witness to that."

"I am a witness to how much he wants this DJ thing. And.."

Adam started to soften his look.

"Mandy..." he took my hand, his voice soft.

But his charm just won't cut it this time.

I snatched away my hand a glared at him.

"No Adam. Just-  don't talk to me, will you?" I turned away.

Then I turned back to him.

"You know, before you talk, maybe you should learn to listen first, okay?" I turned away again and walked away.

"Mandy, wait!" I heard him.

But chose to ignore him.