Chapter 59- Better believe it

"Where the heck are they?" I was out of breath, looking around for my parents and Kent. And so was Adam.

"Damn. Maybe they went on without us." Adam panted.

"What? No. They won't do that." I protested like a little kid.

We scanned our eyes at the airport. People were quickly moving, like in panic. With their big luggages and some held their dozens of kids' hands, nagging at them. Some were seated at the waiting area, asleep or just sitting there... mindlessly.

"Oh, there they are!" Adam pointed at a distance.

I saw my parents waving at me, frantically. My brother was behind them, his arms crossed. I have a feeling that he's not happy I brought Adam. Hey, it's my life. My boyfriend. My rules. MY ADAM. Okay, too possessive.

"C'mon! Flight's leaving!" my mom called on both of us and they sprinted away, with Adam and I following them quickly.

"Ticket?" the person before the entrance held out her hand kindly.

"Oh here." my mom handed hers. Next was dad's, then Kent's, then mine and finally Adam's.

We all quickly race walked to the plane. Kent scooched on over beside me. "I can't believe you brought that Lambpest." Kent rudely whispered and nudged my arm.

Lambpest?

Oh no you didn't.

I love you bro. But that's pretty mean. And I love Adam too.

I clung to Adam's arm, so suddenly that Adam was shocked. He widened his eyes at me like What the heck are you involving me into?

"Better believe it." I smirked at Kent and dragged Adam away.

Okay... was that too mean? Am I being impractical? It is his son's funeral... Maybe my brother does really just care for me...

No.

I care for Adam too. He better live with that fact.