Chapter 52- On the way

I looked out the car window, my mind so lost that I didn't even know what to think about. Adam told me he could drive me to the cafe.

"Hey, are you alright?" Adam took my hand and gave me small glances but tried to keep his eyes on the road.

I looked at him and smiled. "I'm fine." I sighed.

He raised one eyebrow and grinned. "No you're not."

I gave a small laugh, but my voice was hoarse.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?" Adam asked. Oh, that's right. I haven't even told him. Well, I should. I mean, he's kinda like part of the family now. He needs to know.

"I'm sorry, of course." I smiled.

I told him everything. About Kent, Peter, his death. I told him, even our family stories. How much I love my brother... Why I don't contact much my parents. By the way, it's because my parents forced me into college and to a course that I definitely don't like. I moved into my rumbly apartment after that fight. But I'm in good terms with them now. And they didn't force me to college anymore. I told him a lot about our family tree, since he insisted.

"You must really love your brother." Adam smiled after I was finished. Good thing it was a long drive.

"More than anything in this world." I sighed and looked at my feet.

"Do you have one?" I looked up at him.

"Yeah, I do." he chuckled, as if the thought really made him laugh.

"What's his name?" I intrigued.

"Neil." he smiled. "Negative Neil." he rolled his eyes.

Negative Neil?

"Why negative?" I chuckled.

"He opposes everything I say. And I mean, that's his twitter name actually." he smiled widely. "But don't get me wrong, I love that guy." he gave a short laugh.

Wow, I never thought Adam had a brother...

"Here we are." Adam pulled up in front of the cafe. That's bad. I wanted to intrigue him some more...

I took a deep breath and looked out the window.

"Hey, it's gonna be fine." Adam took my hand and I faced him.

I gave him a small smile.

"Bye." he gave me a short kiss on the lips.

"Bye." I smiled and got out of the car.

"I'll be at the apartment." he called out before driving away.

"Oh dear, so nice of you to come here." I heard Mrs. Dixon's voice.

"Oh hey, Mrs. Dixon." I smiled and gave a small wave.

"But I don't think you have a shift today though." she furrowed her eyebrows.

I chuckled. "I'm just meeting up with my brother."

"Oh, do you mean Kent?" she asked delightfully. I told her about Kent before, but I've never actually introduced her to him.

"Yep." I grinned.