Chapter 121- Hard to hide

"Where we going?" I asked Adam as I fastened my seatbelt.

"Well... first we're going to pick up Ashley cause she wants a ride to the mall..." Adam was scrolling through his twitter timeline on his phone.

He said he hadn't been tweeting for quite some time and that he missed seeing his Glamberts blow up his notifs. The way Adam talks about his fans; how amazing they are and how much he loves them.

They're really lucky ;)

Then he clicked off his phone and squeezed it into his leather jeans pockets.

"... Then, I'm gonna have to go to an interview. My manager said that there are still some stuff that weren't cleared out to the media." Adam rolled his eyes and turned the ignition.

"Okay." I said casually and stared at the passing people through the front window glass.

He waited for the pedestrians to cross before he stepped on the gas.

"Where are you going though?" he made a left turn at the stop light.

"Oh, I don't know. Nowhere I guess." I joked. "I'll just be at the streets, asking people for money."

Adam stared at me and chuckled.

I laughed as well.

Then there was silence, because both of us can't think of a decent topic to talk about. I just stared out the window, watching the Hollywood stores, cars and fancy people pass by. Feels surreal to be in Freaking HOLLYWOOD, recording songs and talking to managers... When I was once a simple waitress who lived in a crappy apartment.

Because I was too busy thinking to myself, I didn't notice that we were already at Ashley's place.

Adam honked the horn.

Then Adam's phone vibrated and he checked it.

"She'll be down in a minute." he exhaled and pursed his lips.

"Cool." I smiled and stared out the window again.

"Hey uh..." Adam spoke up. "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Oh crap.

My heart started beating crazy fast. I faced him, to see that he was staring intently at me with those blue, pursuing eyes.

"Um... Yeah." I smiled uncomfortably, trying to hide my nervousness. I avoided his eyes.

He didn't say anything and just rested back his body on the seat, staring at the front window.

Dang it. Don't do this to me Adam.

Say something Mandy!

"Um... why? Is something wrong?" I asked innocently. YES OF COURSE, THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG MANDY.

Adam opened his mouth, ready to say something.

"HEYYY GUYS!!!" Suddenly, Ashley came running towards the car.

WAIT! What was Adam supposed to say?

The back door opened and Ashley got inside the car, panting and breathing heavily like she just ran a marathon.

"What happened?" I chuckled.

"Ugh. Don't even ask." she groaned.

I laughed.

"Ready ladies?" Adam switched the engine on.

"Yass!" We both pumped our fists into the air playfully.