Chapter 95- Stupid

Adam pulled me behind a nearby wall.

For a while there was silence. We didn't know if she was still following us or maybe she miraculously died as she was chasing us. Hopefully, I wish it's the second choice...

Adam and I both panted. I wasn't even sure if I was tired because of too much adrenaline. Adam kept his eyes fixed at a distance, somehow trying to pickup any sounds of Alice approaching.

I was about to speak when suddenly, I heard footsteps from behind us. Adam widened his eyes and pulled me closer to him.

"Now where can our two lovebirds be?" Alice's voice echoed on the walls of the room, making me become even more terrified.

Dang! My entire life, Alice has been my best friend. And she's loud, a nag and annoying at times. But never murderous.

But I guess any girl can kill if they were obsessed... Actually, make that"any person". Be it a boy or a girl, I'm pretty sure that obsession can make anyone go cuckoo...

Cuckoo... Adam's song reference.

Gawd! Shut up, Mandy. You're about to die and all you can think of are Adam's song references.

"It's a pity that your little love story must come to an end..." I could tell that she was smiling.

Then there was silence... for a few minutes.

Okay... what happened?

Did the police arrive already?

Don't be stupid, Mandy. No one called the police, idiot. And do you think it would be so quiet if they entered? Won't they be slamming doors and shit?

Damn, okay fine, Rude voice inside my head.

Suddenly, a loud shot of the gun made me squeal.

Adam widened his eyes at me.

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. Why did you have to squeal so loud, Mandy??? You put both Adam and yourself in danger. Crap, crap, crap. My rude inside voice was right. I AM stupid.

"There you are." Alice suddenly appeared in front of us, her eyes gleaming with victory... and in a blink of an eye, she shot the gun.