Chapter 5- Mr. Secret

"I'll have the croissant and a decaf." the guy ordered.

"Ok. Is that all, sir?" I smiled nicely. I have always tried my best to be nice to customers even though I have had a hard day.Once I walk out, I put on a smile. Which is why Mrs. Dixon raised my salary from a hundred dollars a day to a hundred and fifty. Yay me! Okay, that's the weird overly enthusiastic voice inside my head. Please just ignore it.

"Yeah." he said and took out his phone to make a call.

Yep. Businessmen.

I gave the note to the baker, Dan. He's been with the shop ever since it opened. He's actually Mrs. Dixon's cousin.

"It's hot, isn't it." I talked to Dan while I gave him the order.

"That's because I'm here." he beamed with confidence.

"Gross." I chuckled and he laughed. Yeah. Gross. He's already fat forty year-old man who has sweat marks all over his shirt, especially at his armpits. Now who finds that hot? I don't know about you, but definitely not me. Dan has always treated me like his daughter, since his daughter barely talks to him.

And can you guess who the daughter is?

Alice.

Yep. My best friend. That was the reason why we were best friends. Because we have known each other since childhood.

I went around to get more orders, hours passing and soon enough it was already four o'clock. Just one hour before closing time.

Suddenly, a tall guy that looked familiar walked inside the shop and sat by the nearest table. He looked so familiar but I couldn't get a good glimpse because he had his face held down.

Then he raised his arm, calling to me to get his order. I still wasn't able to see his face since he looked away immediately. oooh.. Secretive guy.

I walked over to him. Haha. Finally, I can see your identity.

"Uhh... I'll have the cappuccino." he muttered but I couldn't hear him clearly because he still had his head held down.

"Sir?" I asked again.

"I'll have the cappuccino." he repeated, this time more clearly, but he still held his head down.

Sheesh! I'm not gonna eat you.

"Umm... Okay, sir, Is that all?" I asked. SHOW ME YOUR FACE.

"Yeah." he muttered.

I sighed and walked away. Fine, don't show me.

I gave the order to Dan.

"Who is that guy? Dan narrowed his eyebrows and made the cappuccino.

"I wish I knew." I shrugged.

Then he gave me the cappuccino. I don't know why the shop's cappuccino tasted and smelled so good but it just did. Dan and Mrs. Dixon would just laugh everytime I tried to ask them. Probably a secret recipe.

I walked over to Mr. Secret's table.

"Here you go, sir." I gave him the cup with a nice smile even though I knew he couldn't see me. I swear, he looked so familiar. His hair and body. I felt like I've seen him before.

"Thanks." he muttered and sipped the coffee.

Still not showing? Okay.

Almost an hour has passed and it was already four fifty. Mr. Secret (yeah, I plan on calling him that) stood up and walked out the door, his head still down. It somehow gave me a disappointing feeling that I wasn't able to see who he was. But why should I bother? It's just another customer.

A few more minutes passed and it was already five o'clock. Since there weren't anymore customers, I decided to head on anyways.

"Mrs. Dixon! Dan! I'm gonna head home, okay." I called out.

"Okay, dear. Keep safe!" Mrs. Dixon answered in her Australian accent.

"See you tomorrow!" Dan added.

I got my bag and walked out of the cafe. It was getting dark, even though it was only five o'clock. I looked up at the sky; it was amazing. It had the pinkish bluish sort of color. It was really a nice sight to see after a day of work. And I even have a performance at the Chance bar the next day. Lately, I really have been working hard. Because I wanted to move to a much better apartment since my apartment was super small and cramped.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I bumped into someone... Again.

Seriously, I have to bump everyone today?

I fell on the floor. I am so weak.

"Oh dang, I'm sorry." the man I bumped into exclaimed.

Wait, that voice...

I looked up and was in shock.