Chapter 34- No more

Mandy's POV

I looked at the sweet couple that just entered the cafe, and sighed.

It's been six days since I last saw Adam. He used to visit me even in the morning. But lately, our only means of communication are the texts that he sends me. Telling me Sorry every single time that he couldn't see me. I've actually lost the will to ask him if I would be seeing him. Because I know the answer, every time.

No.

I miss him so badly. I miss his hypnotizing eyes, his soft lips, his cute laugh, his perfect hair, his touch that sends me shivers, his voice.... I miss everything about him. I miss looking into his eyes and being drawn by him. I miss having his arm wrapped around me and letting out his alluring scent.

I just want to see him. Even for an hour, a minute, a second.

Just to be able to look into his eyes again and have my heart flutter again.

"Mandy." Mrs. Dixon called me from her office.

"Yes?"

"Come here, dear." she smiled delightfully.

"Yes?" I repeated when I got to her.

"Here you go, darling. " she handed me my salary envelope.

Yay! At least there's something to enlighten me for the day. And the money I received from the birthday party performance I went to helped as well. I'm so close to reaching my goal and going to a new and better apartment.

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Dixon." I gave a wide and enthusiastic smile.

"No dear, thank you." she pointed at me and chuckled. " Your hospitality is really bringing in more customers."

I just gave a shy laugh.

A couple of hours passed by again and soon enough, it was already closing time.

I felt my phone vibrate so I checked it. I saw that it was Adam, calling. Hopefully, there's good news.

"Mandy?" he spoke on the phone.

"Yeah?" I answered in a bored manner. I'm pretty sure he'll just say sorry again and blah blah blah.

"I'm sorry...." he started. I knew it. "I can't see you today. Something came up and-" he was about to explain but I cut him off.

Okay, no more.

"What's new, Adam?! I know, I know. You're just too famous and too wanted to see me today. I understand! No need to tell me. I've heard you say those same words for six days Adam. I don't think I need to hear them again." I burst out in frustration and anger.

"Wait, Mandy! I'm sorry. I just-" he spoke in a low and apologetic tone.

No more, Adam. Don't draw me in with you charming voice. It ain't gonna work this time.

"I told you. I understand, okay? Just go and do your..." I couldn't find the words in frustration. "stuff or whatever."

Then I hung up. I breathed heavily, so full of anger.