Chapter 55

There You Are | Zayn

"Okay, your going tell me the truth?"He asked as I was on my bed reading a book.

After dinner, it was calming. His father and mine played card games. My mother, however, went to my aunt's house. His mother helped me clean the dishes and watched tv.

The boys are with my brother playing games. And I was here reading until he came in.

"About what?"I asked and he took my book away which made me frown.

"What's in your head? Anything you feel just spill it out!"He told me and I sighed.

"It doesn't matter, you won't care,"I said trying to get my book from him.

"When did I say that? Is that what you think?"I rolled my eyes and looked down at him.

"Tell me!"

"Yeah,"I said and felt an arm around my waist then sighed.

"What else is there you haven't told me yet?"I shook my head looking into his eyes.

"Nothing really, that's all,"I told him and he sighed.

I don't want to tell anyone I have a voice in my head. They will think I'm possessed. If I say I hurt myself they will talk about my spiritually.

Besides, I don't want to put everything on him. He's had enough of me. He doesn't need to know about anything else. It will be too much for him.

"Are you sure?"I nod and he let go making me get off my bed.

"I'm going to change. I can't sleep in these can I?"I asked and he nodded.

I grabbed my clothes and got out to go to the bathroom. I went to change and looked at the mirror.

I shook my head and looked at my shirt. It was a long sleeve red shirt that had a bear on the corner. I saw my black sweats big on me.

You're too fat for it.

I put my jacket on and I walked out to see Francisco look at me.

"Take this. It's something Breanna made and told me to bring."He said and I nod with a fake smile.

"Thank you,"I said and he nods walking downstairs.

He really has a soft spot for Jimmy's sister. I walked to my room and put it on my desk.

"What's that?"He asked me as I put my clothes on in the laundry bucket by it.

"Breanna made a picture,"I said and I heard him sigh.

"Did you um...pray today? Isn't Maghrib prayers?"He asked and I gulped.

I know that. But I can't do it. You know why. Menstrual problems. And you can't pray while that is happening.

"Uh...yeah."I lied and he looked at me confused.

"Your lying."

"Uh...I don't want to talk about it."I told him embarrassed and looked at the wall.

"Is something wrong?"He asked and I shook my head.

"Nothings wrong,"I said rubbing my hand behind my neck with a gulp.

"Oh, okay."He frowned and got up then opened the door.

"Where are you going?"I asked him and he turned to look at me.

"To pray."

What. He prays? Oh, he converted! Since when did that happen?

"When did all this happen?"I asked him and he smiled.

"Roughly about four months ago."I stare at him with my eyes widen as he left.

::::::

I told Nora about the relationship and what's been going on. She's actually quite shocked he did it so early. And didn't say anything.

She's honestly knows everything about me. I trust her more than my own family which is weird. She's like my twin sister.

I had my earphones on as we FaceTimed. No one could hear her and not even me since I'm whispering.

"Did you tell him about what's in your head or what you've done?"She asked me and I shook my head.

"No, I'm too scared. What if he thinks I'm crazy? Or if I'm possessed?"I asked her as she sighed.

"Is that a lantern on your ceiling?"She asked and I nod.

"My father put it on last week so I could feel comfortable,"I said as she nods with a smile.

"Honestly just tell him what you're going through. Maybe you could get the help that you need and you don't have to think about going to therapy again."

She's right. But why is there another side of me to just give up and not allow him to know what's really me?

"Trust me, Sara, you'll be fine."I sighed and nodded my head.

"Oh Ramadan is coming in a few months, are you excited?"I nod and heard my door creak.

"Are you busy?"Jin's mother asked and I shook my head while she smiled.

"I'll talk to you later Nora,"I said as I waved and she did too.

I hang up and took off my earphones. I put them on my nightstand and smiled.

"Come in."

She closed the door behind her and came to sit next to me. She had a weird aurora and it was like she was sweet. Like someone who cared.

"I wanted to talk to you if that's alright."I nod and she smiled.

"Before all this was happening. Jin was out of control. Either would go out doing drugs or would do illegal things I didn't know that was illegal."I stare at her confused and she sighed.

"He was repulsive and rude. Sometimes he was just loud, angry and somehow drunk. I didn't think he would ever change."

He was like that? I didn't even know he was. I never really thought of him that way. I always thought of him as a cocky and dumb neighbor.

"Somehow I noticed when you started talking to him out the window. Yeah, I saw him get into your room before more than once. But he changed. He seems quiet and calm. He hasn't done anything for months now and I'm glad he did."I rub my hands confused.

What does she mean by that? Is that like saying his more annoying and idiotic self more okay for me and not them?

"He's changed and that's all because he's hanged out with you. I don't know what you did or how you did it but I'm thankful for that."I felt her hands on mine and smiled.

"He's told me a lot of things about you. He says your an inspirational to him. How much you make him happy when you're with him. Even though my Latino self was slapping him for talking about it. He just kept going and going. He said he was happy."

"He talked to us more. He's been only out a few times and only for prayer. He somehow managed to still get into your room and annoy you. Yes, I see that too. I sometimes yell at him for it when he gets into his room after getting out of your room."I chuckle and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm happy for him. And for you. I thank you for everything you've done for my son. But please just keep my son happy and live as long as he can. He's my only child and that's what I wish for."I nod and rubbed her eyes.

"Of course I will. I won't hurt him at all. I promise to keep him healthy and safe."I said and she gave me a grin.

"You don't mind helping me talk about Islam would you?"I shook my head and talked to her about it.