chapter 20: the sun

Start from the beginning

"Crystal," he said in a firmer voice. Crystal looked at him with wide eyes. She had dark bags under her eyes and stress was written all over her face. "Relax."

Crystal inhaled and exhaled, calming herself down.

"Take a hot shower or even a bath, okay? I'll fix everything else."

"But–"

"I got this. You need to relax, hunny. I'll get you more clothes from the house and go to the store. Im fixing you a bath to make sure you're actually taking one."

"Shawn–" But he had gone to the bathroom and she heard the water running to fill the tub.

In a few minutes he came out in the living room. "Bath's ready."

He took her the bathroom where the big tub was filled with bubbles. Crystal also sensed a hint of lavender he even lit up some candles around the bathroom.

"Okay, I'm going to go now. Need anything else?"

"Yeah, you forgot to give me something." She didn't let him respond when she stood on her tippy toes and kissed him.

Shawn smiled, giving himself a mental pat on the back. He caught her lips in between his, mouths dancing against each other.

"Thanks. You're the best." She said in a whisper against his lips.

"Only the best for the best."

*

"Crystal Paige, where are we going?" Shawn asked from the passenger seat. "How do I even know you know where you're going?"

Crystal insisted on taking her car and volunteered to drive to who-knows-where.

"Oh will you calm down." She smirked as she turned to the freeway.

"You don't even know Canada, Crystal."

"Okay, I know it's your city, Mr. Extremely Canadian. But there's this thing called the internet and google maps." Crystal rolled her eyes.

"WHY WOULD YOU TRUST SOMETHING JUST OFF THE INTERNET?! We could get murdered!" Shawn exaggerated.

"Oh, would you shut up and be DJ." Crystal laughed. Shawn shook his head and hooked his phone in the car's bluetooth. He tapped on a few buttons until his own voice rang through the car.

All it'd take is one flight
We'd be in the same time zone
Looking through your timeline
Seeing all the rainbows, I
I got an idea
And I know that it sounds crazy
I just wanna see ya
Oh, I gotta ask

"Narcissistic bitch." Crystal joked.

Shawn gasped. "Its a good road trip song!"

"Im kidding, hunny." She snorted and laughed at his defensive reaction.

Shawn let it go because he got carried away with the urge to sing his own song.

"Do you got plans tonight?

I'm a couple hundred miles from Japan, and I
I was thinking I could fly to your hotel tonight
'Cause I-I-I can't get you off my mind
Can't get you off my mind
Can't get you off my mind oh
"

Crystal had a feeling that he was trying his hardest not to belt out in singing, that made Crystal laugh. He's such a pop star. She rolled down the windows and opened her sunroof the cool spring breeze made both of them smile.

Shawn looked like he a kid in a candy store as he turned up the volume. Both of them sang their lungs out through the ride.

Crystal had her hand out in her window singing in a mellow voice. Shawn looked over at her and saw the sunlight from the sunroof was hitting her in all the right places. She was focused on driving but she had a smile as bright as the sun.  She looked very pretty even with the little freckled dotting her nose.