Epic Love Story

Maya Mendes
- Verona, Italy

"Look at how close they are" I whisper to Shawn keeping my eye on Alec and Isabel, his girlfriend. "They're dating honey, it would be weird if they didn't hold hands" Shawn chuckles.

"And look at amira, does she need to kiss him every five seconds?" I scoff. Shawn suddenly stops walking and comes in front of me.

"Maya babe, you need to calm down" he tells me. "I'm just looking out for them, I don't want them to get hurt, get their hearts broken" I say honestly trying to peer over his shoulder to look at my not so small babies, at least Aidan was alright for now, he was definitely handsome and had girls coming at him but he wasn't interested for now, right now he was just with his best friend, joe, kennys son.

"I don't want them to grow up anymore. I want them to go back to being babies" my eyes start to become glossy. "Baby, they're bound to grow up" Shawn pulls me into a hug.

"It's gone so fast, I just wanna stop and have moments with you and with the kids" I say holding him tightly. "We are having moments. Bringing our children to where we got married, this is a moment" he slowly takes my hand, twirling me around so he could hug me from behind and the beautiful gardens lay before me.

"Remember you walked across there" he points. "Met me at the statue where we said I do. Then we sat right there" his hand moves to the fountain. "We said our vows to each other. Just me and you, like it always is. You pulled out your vows from your bra" he chuckles. "And we cried a little. Then we hadn't had sex for a month and I couldn't wait" He squeezes me gently. "And we did it right there and there and there" he points making me giggle.

"I still remember how heavenly you looked and the sounds you made. I still remember seeing you for the first time and taking you home. I remember all the times I wronged you and when we finally made up. I remember all the bad times and all the good ones with you Maya. I'll never forgive myself for the way I hurt you Maya"

I turn in his arms placing a hand on his cheek to wipe his fallen tear. He leans down slightly pressing his forehead against mine.

"I forgave you. Is that not enough?" I ask.

He nods pressing his lips against mine. "And I remember it all too. All the love, the sex" I chuckle. "The fights and arguments, the laughter and cries, I remember it all Shawn Mendes. You know I feel so lucky when I'm with you. Like woah I have the most handsome man on earth following me around and saying he loves me. I feel young in your arms and feel like I can do anything. I just feel loved" I tell him, meaning every word of it.

"Maya Mendes, you're perfect" he presses his lips against mine and like always it felt like the first time. I hold the back of his head, trying to be as close as possible to him. "You're mine tonight" he says against my lips.

"Hmm I'm yours every night" I giggle.

"Mum! Dad!" I pull back sighing. Shawn takes my hand as we turn seeing the kids running over to us. Amira was wearing my wedding dress, it was wearable for sure and it looked beautiful on her. Alec was wearing Shawn's shirt from our wedding and he looked just like Shawn.

"Where's Aidan?" I ask. "He's coming" Alec tells me. "Do you have the cameras mum?" Amira asks me. "Yeah they're in the car and do you guys still have your disposable cameras?" I ask them.

Every trip we went on Shawn gave the kids the cameras so we could collect the memory's.

"When can we start the overnight challenge?" Aidan comes running over. "When it's dark duh" I chuckle.

"Who's idea was this?" Amira asks. "Your mothers, she's always been the crazy one" Shawn says and nudge him with my elbow.

"Why did you want us to do this?" Aidan asks.

"Because I'm gonna tell you a story" I say grinning. Shawn had rented the gardens for the night, the kids think we're doing the overnight challenge, which we are but we won't have to worry about getting caught.

"What story? Please tell us how you met dad" amira pleads. "I will I promise" I chuckle.

"All of it? The bad and the good?" Alec asks. Alec knew me and Shawn had a few problems, when we would argue we would always bring up the past, and the kids would hear it sometimes.

"Yes. The good and the bad" I nod. "Finally, I bet the story is so epic" amira giggles.

"It is but it's weird" Shawn chuckles. "Your Mum is my one epic love" Shawn twirls me around making me giggle.

"Lucas, you better treat me like that" amira tells her boyfriend making me laugh.

"Ugh I want a love like yours" amira huffs. "You will baby, just have to patient and remember it's not all bubblegum and peaches sometimes it's LA and a broken heart" I tell them and they look at me confused.

"Oh my god dads peach tattoo!" Aidan exclaims. "Yeah that ones a secret" Shawn chuckles holing me back into him.

"What about the bubblegum?" Amira asks.

"That's her favourite drink" Shaw tells them happily. "And LA?" Alec asks.

"It's where we she got away from me" Shawn says. "This makes no sense, I've been gathering up clues and none of them match. There's Costco, bubblegum drinks, peaches, Italy, LA, overnight challenges and love? How does it all match?" Amira huffs.

"It'll all make sense" I chuckle. "Should we sit?" I ask them and they nod eagerly running away. "Should I go get the box?" Shawn asks. It was a box of memory's we had made to show the kids.

"Hmm" I nod. "I love you Maya Mendes" Shawn grins kissing my nose. "I love you too Shawn Mendes" I giggle leaning up to kiss his nose.

His hands go lower and he squeezes my bum gently. "Still peachy" he winks licking his lips and I felt my knees go weak.

"You're still such a flirt. Now go we need to tell our children our epic love story!" I exclaim peppering his face in kisses.

He nods going to the car and I walk down what was once my isle, I see my children sat on a blanket looking so happy, laughing and smiling and I knew my life was a great one.

"Ready for the overnight challenge mum?" Aidan chuckles.

"Born ready!" I laugh sitting beside him.

The end
__
Well I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed writing it.

This was an idea that spontaneously floated into my mind and to write it up was exciting and fun.

I hope as a writer I made you feel the the love, sadness and joy of the characters.

Thank you so much and you have all my love!

Maya And Shawn's journey has come to an end but can always exist in your imagination.

Again, thank you so much for reading and voting and leaving such wonderful comments, I'm so grateful!

(Quick plug, go check out my other books)
Lots of Love
- A